Panthersfanz Forums
HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - Printable Version

+- Panthersfanz Forums (https://panthersfanz.com/board)
+-- Forum: Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Carolina Panthers Talk (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES (/showthread.php?tid=1314)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - Hobbit99 - 01-10-2024

WORD ON THE STREET...

The latest word has Chris Tabor having completed a "virtual interview" today (apparently). This marks the first of the interviews with many more to come..... probably.

RE: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - Hobbit99 - 01-10-2024

So with Chris Tabor completing a "virtual" interview today, that lends credence to the earlier report about Tabor and Evero being interviewed for the HC position.

So, adding them to the list brings the number of prospective candidates to twelve.  AND, we may not be done yet...

RE: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - Hobbit99 - 01-14-2024

With the latest virtual interviews completed, there have now been four prospective candidates interviewed (virtually..). The completed interviews include Panthers ST Coordinator and Interim HC, Chris Tabor; Panthers DC, Ejiro Evero; Ravens DC, Mike Mcdonald; and Ravens OC, Todd Monken.

This process for the Panthers, invites a couple of interesting questions. First, will all or most of the candidates on the list actually complete interviews, or will some of them "opt out".??  Second, and perhaps a lot more interesting, will the Panthers attempt to interview any of the failed  (fired..) HCs from last year.??  Of interest (to me..??) in particular are Bill Belichick, Mike Vrabel, and possibly Pete Carroll. Probably not my first choice (any of them..), but the interview process would be telling.  Of the three, I would probably lean toward Vrabel because of his age. Belichick is definitely the strongest personality.

It's going to be interesting -- and it's going to happen fairly quickly...

RE: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - Ladypanther - 01-14-2024

(01-14-2024, 04:58 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: With the latest virtual interviews completed, there have now been four prospective candidates interviewed (virtually..). The completed interviews include Panthers ST Coordinator and Interim HC, Chris Tabor; Panthers DC, Ejiro Evero; Ravens DC, Mike Mcdonald; and Ravens OC, Todd Monken.

This process for the Panthers, invites a couple of interesting questions. First, will all or most of the candidates on the list actually complete interviews, or will some of them "opt out".??  Second, and perhaps a lot more interesting, will the Panthers attempt to interview any of the failed  (fired..) HCs from last year.??  Of interest (to me..??) in particular are Bill Belichick, Mike Vrabel, and possibly Pete Carroll. Probably not my first choice (any of them..), but the interview process would be telling.  Of the three, I would probably lean toward Vrabel because of his age. Belichick is definitely the strongest personality.

Most seem to thing Belichick to Atlanta is a thing.  I have no probs with that.

RE: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - Hobbit99 - 01-14-2024

(01-14-2024, 06:18 PM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(01-14-2024, 04:58 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: With the latest virtual interviews completed, there have now been four prospective candidates interviewed (virtually..). The completed interviews include Panthers ST Coordinator and Interim HC, Chris Tabor; Panthers DC, Ejiro Evero; Ravens DC, Mike Mcdonald; and Ravens OC, Todd Monken.

That's what I've seen too. Not sure about it though. I suspect that Belichick will not coach for too much longer. Would a team want an older coach for a couple of years, just to do it over again in a couple..??  I don't know. I have difficulty with any competitive team taking him on. A team like "us" might do it while planning for a change later (maybe.??). Or another team doing a teardown-rebuild....(possibly).

Food for thought I guess.  And YES, no problem with him going anywhere really.  I suspect the Panthers will try to "team up" a HC with the new GM. I can't see Belichick "teaming up" with anyone...

RE: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - Ladypanther - 01-15-2024

(01-14-2024, 09:21 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:

That's what I've seen too. Not sure about it though. I suspect that Belichick will not coach for too much longer. Would a team want an older coach for a couple of years, just to do it over again in a couple..??  I don't know. I have difficulty with any competitive team taking him on. A team like "us" might do it while planning for a change later (maybe.??). Or another team doing a teardown-rebuild....(possibly).

Food for thought I guess.  And YES, no problem with him going anywhere really.  I suspect the Panthers will try to "team up" a HC with the new GM. I can't see Belichick "teaming up" with anyone...

Arthur Blank is 82 so the thinking is he wants success now. Long term not necessarily a plan for him.

RE: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - Hobbit99 - 01-15-2024

(01-15-2024, 09:09 AM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(01-14-2024, 09:21 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:

Arthur Blank is 82 so the thinking is he wants success now. Long term not necessarily a plan for him. 

And...There's that.  Definitely a question mark. 

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=ecf05e47ldwiims2xlv1m56z70l...w.gif&ct=g]

RE: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - Hobbit99 - 01-18-2024

According to those who know.... The Panthers have now completed seven virtual interviews for HC. The latest three include Frank Smith, Raheem Morris, and Dan Quinn.  The completed interviews are as follows:

Chris Tabor -- Panthers ST Coordinator and Interim HC
Ejiro Evero -- Panthers DC
Todd Monken -- Ravens OC
Mike Mcdonald -- Ravens DC
Frank Smith -- Dolphins OC
Raheem Morris -- Rams DC
Dan Quinn -- Cowboys DC

Live in-person interviews cannot be scheduled before the 22nd.

RE: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - BlackCatzFan - 01-18-2024

Dave Canales is up today, he’s a dark horse candidate with boasting chops of coaching Geno Smith and Baker Mayfield to 4k seasons. Very interesting.

RE: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - Hobbit99 - 01-18-2024

(01-18-2024, 10:37 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Dave Canales is up today, he’s a dark horse candidate with boasting chops of coaching Geno Smith and Baker Mayfield to 4k seasons.  Very interesting.

HC Interviews -- Latest Information...

As of today, Thursday, the Panthers have announced the completion of two more HC virtual interviews.  Brian Callahan, Cincinnati Bengals OC has completed a virtual interview as reported by Panthers.com. Also, later in the day, the Panthers completed a virtual interview with Bobby Slowik, Houston Texans OC.

These two bring the total interviews to nine (so far...).  AND, as BCF pointed out, Dave Canales is supposed to be up next.  I'm still wondering if the Panthers are going to interview any of the former HCs...???  Nothing reported at this point, yet I'm not convinced that it isn't going to happen.

¿Quien sabe?   Huh