Panthersfanz Forums
COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Printable Version

+- Panthersfanz Forums (https://panthersfanz.com/board)
+-- Forum: Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Carolina Panthers Talk (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS (/showthread.php?tid=471)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Hobbit99 - 01-19-2022

***OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR***

More news on the OC front.  Word has it that the Panthers have indicated interest (some....a little..??) in three more possible candidates for the OC position. That will take us up to eleven total "interested in talking to.." names. 

The three newest names are...

9) Chip Kelly .... UCLA Bruins Head Coach --- Apparently Chip Kelly just "re-upped" with UCLA though, so this is most likely "old news..".  This information is courtesy of Mike Garofolo at NFL Network.
Read about it here: Panthers send out "feelers" to Chip Kelly

10) Luke Getsy .... GB Packers QB Coach

11) Tim Kelly .... Texans OC
Here is the announcement about The last two, Getsy and Kelly.  Panthers "interested" in talking to Luke Getsy and Tim Kelly

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Josh21 - 01-19-2022

Pep Hamilton passed on our offer of an interview.

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Hobbit99 - 01-19-2022

(01-19-2022, 03:43 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Pep Hamilton passed on our offer of an interview.

Yep, apparently so.....

Its been a busy day. Had to run some errands, so these updates have been a little slow coming.  As Josh mentioned, Pep Hamilton has 'apparently' refused to interview for the OC position. There is quite a bit of speculation as to just 'why'. However it doesn't matter...really. Hamilton would have been a GOOD candidate (probably..), but he has his eye on some other opportunities I guess.
At least that is what the prognosticators are implying....

Read all about it here:  Pep Hamilton refuses interview..

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Hobbit99 - 01-20-2022

SO--OK, OKAY.....However you want to say (spell..??) it.

This is Wednesday evening the 19th of January. Following is a list, the most current I can put together, of those individuals who the Panthers have expressed an interest in interviewing and have currently responded. It should be noted that some potential interviewees can not respond at this time and the Panthers cannot pursue. This is because some of these guys are still playing (NFC and AFC playoffs..) and rules prohibit interfering with the day to day of players and coaches who are still busy working and planning for the remainder of this season. (This is considered "tampering"..). As teams lose and are eliminated, players and coaches become available for discussion and interview appointments.
So for now...

1) Ben McAdoo --- INTERVIEWED  (**HIRED**)
2) Scottie Montgomery --- INTERVIEWED
3) Klint Kubiac --- INTERVIEWED
4) Mike Groh --- INTERVIEWED
5) Jay Gruden --- INTERVIEWED
6) Luke Getsy --- Spoken With or To (Rep or Agent maybe??)...Not Officially Interviewed (Getsy is with the GB Packers..)
7) Tim Kelly --- Spoken With or To (Rep or Agent maybe??)...Not Officially Interviewed (Kelly is with the Texans--) (Interviewing = ??Unknown. Interest)
8) Pep Hamilton --- REFUSED INTERVIEW -- NOT INTERESTED

There are still a few others who the Panthers have expressed an interest in talking to. Who among them will respond, or interview, is still up in the air. For specific details, refer back to earlier posts. There are eleven total names.

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Hobbit99 - 01-20-2022

Latest reports indicate two of the aforementioned OC candidates are getting, or may have already received, a SECOND interview.  As far as we know, five of the candidates have been interviewed as previously listed up there..^^^. Of those five, both Scottie Montgomery and Jay Gruden will do another interview.

Here are the reports:
Scottie Montgomery gets second interview

Jay Gruden gets second interview

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Josh21 - 01-20-2022

We need an oc/ol coach who can teach ol play. Call a good game. Same with dl coach. How to stop the run, while rushing the passer. We got great players (even moton n Brady on the ol). Just fix the line, n lb. Dt n te/qb as well.

With tweaks we could sniff the playoffs.

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Hobbit99 - 01-21-2022

(01-20-2022, 11:00 PM)Josh21 Wrote: We need an oc/ol coach who can teach ol play.  Call a good game.  Same with dl coach.  How to stop the run, while rushing the passer.  We got great players (even moton n Brady on the ol).  Just fix the line, n lb.  Dt n te/qb as well.

With tweaks we could sniff the playoffs.

Agree...

I went back and looked at and "watched critically" our Offense and Defense this past year. We have a LOT of potential. Quite a few really good position players. We DO need something (someone..) to pull them together. If we could get some backbone; get some "fire"; put some "pep in our step". we could have a contender.

We need a little luck.  And some 'motivation'..!!!

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Hobbit99 - 01-21-2022

***OFFEMSIVE COORDINATOR***

Well.... 007 beat me to the latest news. See his thread here: Panthers OC "hire"

This looks like a done deal....although the paperwork has not been finalized.  So, I guess our tracking of OC candidates will stop at this point.

The ST Coordinator position is yet to be decided. I will continue to monitor that as well as the coaching hires for OL and DL.

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Josh21 - 01-21-2022

Anybody excited by McAdoo?

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - PantherFan007 - 01-22-2022

(01-19-2022, 03:43 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Pep Hamilton passed on our offer of an interview.

I honestly can't blame anyone for passing on it.  Kind of like when your friends have gone swimming in an alligator-infested creek and invite you in.  Uh, that would be a hard "NO".

But, in all fairness, you can't make me believe that Ben McAdoo was the best there was to offer...