Panthersfanz Forums
COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Printable Version

+- Panthersfanz Forums (https://panthersfanz.com/board)
+-- Forum: Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Carolina Panthers Talk (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS (/showthread.php?tid=471)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Hobbit99 - 01-22-2022

(01-22-2022, 01:00 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 03:43 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Pep Hamilton passed on our offer of an interview.

I honestly can't blame anyone for passing on it.  Kind of like when your friends have gone swimming in an alligator-infested creek and invite you in.  Uh, that would be a hard "NO".

But, in all fairness, you can't make me believe that Ben McAdoo was the best there was to offer...

Fbthumb

I can think of at least three of the five interviewed candidates who I would have preferred.!!

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Hobbit99 - 01-25-2022

Still nothing insightful on a ST Coordinator for the Panthers. Nothing on OL Coach or DL Coach either.  Of course, the football season is not yet complete and there will be more moves afoot as the last of the playoff teams get eliminated.

To put an exclamation point on the OC debacle from last year. The Panthers have finally made it official and announced that they have "Agreed to Terms" with new OC Ben McAdoo. Here is the announcement.

McAdoo--Agreed to Terms

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Hobbit99 - 01-25-2022

***ST COORDINATOR***

UPDATE: The Panthers have reportedly been unable to come to an agreement with Thomas McGaughey. McGaughey was the "leader in the clubhouse" and the favorite among the Panthers decision makers (Read--RHULE..). At last count there were three choices to be interviewed. McGaughey was the favorite mostly because he has a history with the Panthers. He served as the ST Coordinator back in 2016-2017 after he took over from Bruce DeHaven who had been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

Here is the "reported" information. There has been NO announcement from the Panthers.

ST COORDINATOR- McGaughey apparently "NOT the one.."

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Hobbit99 - 01-28-2022

***ST COORDINATOR***

We have a winner..!!  The Panthers have announced they have "agreed to terms" with a new ST Coordinator. The choice is Chris Tabor who has about 15 years of experience. Good choice, I believe.

ST Coordinator--Chris Tabor

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Hobbit99 - 01-31-2022

***O-LINE COACH***

The latest coaching news includes the announcement of another hire. The Panthers have announced they have agreed to terms with James Campen as the new O-Line Coach. Campen is a true veteran of the NFL, having spent fifteen years with the GB Packers and several more with the Texans. While he was with the Packers, he worked with and alongside of the Panthers new OC Ben McAdoo. This should help with some familiarity concerns that were bound to surface if the offensive coaches were not 'confluent' or 'parallel' with the new OC.

On the surface, this looks like a solid choice. Lots of experience and some history with the OC. Makes a lot of sense....

Here is the official announcement from the Panthers.
PANTHERS---New O-Line Coach, Campen..

With the hiring of James Campen as O-Line Coach, there remains only one more coaching position to fill. If you've been following the news, the Panthers have announced the hiring of a new Offensive Coordinator, a new ST Coordinator, and now a new O-Line Coach. That leaves one position unfilled, that of the D-Line Coach. So far there has been little or no commentary on who might be in line or being interviewed.

Just have to wait and see.

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Hobbit99 - 02-08-2022

***D-LINE COACH***

The Panthers have finalized the coaching changes for 2022. The announcement came today for the hiring of Paul Pasqualoni as the new D-Line Coach. This finishes up the vacancies from the firings started with the OC Joe Brady. This was followed by firing the ST Coordinator, the O-Line Coach, and the D-Line Coach. All coaching vacancies have now been filled.

JUST ANNOUNCED: Panthers WR Coach, Frisman Jackson, has departed for another venue. Jackson will be doing the same job for the Pittsburg Steelers this year.

THAT MEANS..... The Panthers now will have to hire another WR Coach. Oh Well...... And The Worm Turns..!!

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Hobbit99 - 02-09-2022

Just when you think the "moves" have slowed down... Recent announcement says that Panthers Defensive Pass Game/DB Coach, Jason Simmons has left the fold for the same job with the Raiders. He will need to be replaced...soon...quickly. The imminent replacement becomes important because of the run-up to the draft where ALL coaches take part in evaluations, etc.

SO... The replacement for Simmons has been named. Alright ladies and germs, please welcome back former Panthers Coach/DC/Asst. Head Coach---- STEVE WILKS.!!
Wilks will become the Panthers new Defensive Pass Game Coordinator/Secondary Coach.

This makes me HAPPY!!

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - PantherFan007 - 02-10-2022

Wilks has a lot of experience and knows the team and the city well. Okay, he knows the organization well, maybe not the current roster, but I'm glad to see him back in Charlotte.

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Hobbit99 - 02-10-2022

(02-10-2022, 06:06 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Wilks has a lot of experience and knows the team and the city well.  Okay, he knows the organization well, maybe not the current roster, but I'm glad to see him back in Charlotte.

Fbthumb Fbthumb
I think, of all the recent additions, hires, etc.,  THIS is the one I am most pleased with.  Wilks was a great influence and a calming presence while he was here.  He did not have a great reception at Arizona where the Cardinals thought he should have "fixed" their problems in one year. Other than that, Wilks has been effective and a good coach.

With a little management support, and staying away from "politics", Wilks will once again perform at a high level. -- GPKP --!!!
WELCOME HOME Coach.!!

RE: COACHING SEARCHES and HIRINGS - Hobbit99 - 02-10-2022

WELL..... What's next..???

Another lateral move hits the wires today.

Latest announcement says Panthers Asst. O-Line Coach, Tony Sparano Jr is jumping ship also. Sparano is reportedly headed for the NY Giants where he will have the same job he had with the Panthers. So... another position to fill...!!

If this keeps up, the Panthers will have a clean sweep with coaches.....