Panthersfanz Forums
HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - Printable Version

+- Panthersfanz Forums (https://panthersfanz.com/board)
+-- Forum: Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Carolina Panthers Talk (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES (/showthread.php?tid=1314)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - Hobbit99 - 01-08-2024

The Panthers have started their HC search today. Because of rules forbidding interference with coaches who are still involved in games to be played, a number of coaching candidates will not be initially available. Fourteen teams and their coaches are off limits while their future plays out in the playoffs, championships, and Super Bowl.

The Panthers have announced nine initial candidates for the HC position. There is no current information about interviews -- a lot of which is due to the "non-interference" rule previously mentioned.

The nine initial candidates are: (NOW TEN...) (NOW TWELVE...)

Brian Callahan   (Cincinatti Bengals)

[Image: pqegxaajm3a4wmzx8j6a.jpg]

Dave Canales   (Tampa Bay Bucs)

[Image: zjvi0xobltwvx4kn0njx.jpg]

Ben Johnson   (Detroit Lions)

[Image: yjseudmgho0hj5wnisqk.jpg]

Mike Macdonald   (Baltimore Ravens)

[Image: kscn4zuzjzdzckdvalcg.jpg]

Todd Monken   (Baltimore Ravens)

[Image: qkfe90rhhgavb88nifvv.jpg]

Raheem Morris   (L.A. Rams)

[Image: dbedg0th5rnjmi4lasgj.jpg]

Dan Quinn   (Dallas Cowboys)

[Image: uxytykwbqveoe9f4vx6g.jpg]

Bobby Slowik   (Houston Texans)

[Image: qqv5ztvdcemsvlaxsbgp.jpg]

Frank Smith   (Miami Dolphins)

[Image: kglyd8d88jopxxsgwxmr.jpg]

Brian Johnson   (Philadelphia Eagles)

[Image: jtz4tw50efnn32vwkbp1.png]

#11 -- Chris Tabor   (Panthers Interim HC)

#12 -- Ejiro Evero   (Panthers Defensive Coordinator)

RE: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - Hobbit99 - 01-08-2024

ROTFLMAO ... 

Apparently, the Panthers Digital - Social Media - Graphics - On-line --- whatever -  Department made a crazy error while compiling the list of candidates for the HC position.  According to a quick tell-all on MSN, the Panthers Social Media-Graphics team put the wrong image with Brian Callahan's coaching profile.

So, Callahan's profile was correct enough I guess, but the picture accompanying it was that of Bengals QB Coach, Dan Pitcher. 

OMG... What a boondoggle.!! What next.

MSN.com: Panthers Screw Up Brian Callahan's Profile Image

Anyway, I think I got the correct image posted here.  Panthers managed to get it changed, but not before some bright-eyed pundit discovered it.  We'll be hearing about THIS for awhile, I bet.!!
Whistling
Joker
Bag

RE: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - BlackCatzFan - 01-09-2024

I’m on the Ben Johnson/ Frank Smith train.

RE: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - Hobbit99 - 01-09-2024

(01-09-2024, 09:33 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: I’m on the Ben Johnson/ Frank Smith train.

I hear you... And I don't disagree.  However, I have to think that there MAY be more candidates coming along to add to this list..... maybe..??

RE: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - OceanPanther - 01-09-2024

Question : Would you want some one that has already been a successful head coach in the NFL or the next boy wonder ?

Jim Harbaugh NFL record: 44-19 . One Super Bowl Appearance. 3 yrs head coach.

Most NFL teams in need of a head coach will be call him. Chargers, Commanders, I hope the Panthers. He WINS

(01-09-2024, 11:14 AM)OceanPanther Wrote: Question :  Would you want some one that has already been a successful  head coach in the NFL  or the next boy wonder ? 

Jim Harbaugh NFL record: 44-19 .  One Super Bowl Appearance. 3 yrs head coach.

Most NFL teams in need of a head coach will be call him.  Chargers,  Commanders,  I hope the Panthers.  He WINS

Yep... EXACTLY.

Jim Harbaugh (not John) has a terrific winning percentage. Speaking of which --- Jim Harbaugh just took Michigan to a National Championship. He (supposedly) is interested in coming back to the NFL. If he does... The team who lands him will have a known quantity. You're right. He is a winner. No excuses kind of guy. Just 'do your job' - '100% effort' - 'no excuses'. He is exceptional at managing a team.  Don't know if he could get along with Tepper - OR, if he would want a lot of GM type control.  Might not work...

But it sure would be interesting..!!!

RE: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - PantherFan007 - 01-09-2024

(01-08-2024, 11:11 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: ROTFLMAO ... 

Apparently, the Panthers Digital - Social Media - Graphics - On-line --- whatever -  Department made a crazy error while compiling the list of candidates for the HC position.  According to a quick tell-all on MSN, the Panthers Social Media-Graphics team put the wrong image with Brian Callahan's coaching profile.

So, Callahan's profile was correct enough I guess, but the picture accompanying it was that of Bengals QB Coach, Dan Pitcher. 

OMG... What a boondoggle.!! What next.

MSN.com: Panthers Screw Up Brian Callahan's Profile Image

Anyway, I think I got the correct image posted here.  Panthers managed to get it changed, but not before some bright-eyed pundit discovered it.  We'll be hearing about THIS for awhile, I bet.!!
Whistling
Joker
Bag

Surprised, not surprised.  After this season, why should I be surprised when any of the Panthers' organization fumbles something?

Bag

RE: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - BlackCatzFan - 01-09-2024

(01-09-2024, 10:18 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 09:33 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: I’m on the Ben Johnson/ Frank Smith train.

I hear you... And I don't disagree.  However, I have to think that there MAY be more candidates coming along to add to this list..... maybe..??

Interestingly enough, I’d love for Jim Harbaugh to come here, I liked him over Frank Reich, but he is heavily linked to San Diego.  I’ve also read that Carolina has no plans to pursue him.  A mistake IMHO.  I think he’s too strong of an ego for Tepper.

(01-09-2024, 08:07 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 10:18 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote:

Interestingly enough, I’d love for Jim Harbaugh to come here, I liked him over Frank Reich, but he is heavily linked to San Diego.  I’ve also read that Carolina has no plans to pursue him.  A mistake IMHO.  I think he’s too strong of an ego for Tepper.

I agree.. I’d love to have Harbaugh. Instant change. I know what you’re saying about destinations though. However,  remember last year…. Harbaugh wanted to come here. He initiated the contact with Tepper. If we contacted him, I’m sure he would listen….

RE: HC --- TRACKING THE CANDIDATES - Hobbit99 - 01-10-2024

!0th candidate added....

As well as the additional GM candidate, the Panthers today have added a tenth name to the list for HC.  Joining the "list of nine" is Brian Johnson, Offensive Coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles.  Johnson has experience as a QB coach as well as OC. Last year was his first year at OC as he took over for Shane Steichen after he left for the Colts. Most of Brian Johnson's experience has been in the college ranks....

Brian Johnson   (Philadelphia Eagles)

[Image: jtz4tw50efnn32vwkbp1.png]