Panthersfanz Forums
Hey.... What IF??? - Printable Version

+- Panthersfanz Forums (https://panthersfanz.com/board)
+-- Forum: Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Carolina Panthers Talk (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Hey.... What IF??? (/showthread.php?tid=1336)

Pages: 1 2

Hey.... What IF??? - PantherFan007 - 01-28-2024

Because that's all we got right now, "What Ifs" lol Tongue

But, seriously what IF Caneles comes in here and makes ANDY DALTON the Comeback Player of the Year in 2024?

It doesn't HAVE to be Bryce Young. 

Just saying ... Whistling

RE: Hey.... What IF??? - Ladypanther - 01-28-2024

What if he makes an NFL QB out of Bryce?  He did it with Geno and Baker.

Like you said...all we have is hope.

RE: Hey.... What IF??? - Firstchance - 01-28-2024

It would be difficult to make a CFL qb out of Bryce Young. Sorry, not ever going to happen. Worst or tied for worst mistake (Shawn Gilbert) in franchise history.

RE: Hey.... What IF??? - Hobbit99 - 01-29-2024

Oh NO.... 

I feel a an 'adage' or 'proverb' coming on..... Hmm,  'Ifs', 'pots', 'skillets' 'ands', 'kettles', 'pans', 'blacksmiths', ....????

Give me a minute, I'll figure it out.....

Old

Wait... I think I'm getting it..

"If ponies had their wish, they wouldn't crap on their tail"...???? --- NO, that ain't right.

"If horses had shoes, their feet wouldn't hurt" ... ???? --- Hmm, something's missing...

"If hobos had ponies they wouldn't have to walk"

JUST -- Just hang on. I'm working on it...

Hmmm -- I feel a revelation coming. Quick, where's my other pants... Gotta find my crystal ball...

"If horses didn't have sore feet, they could carry the pots and kettles for the blacksmith".  -- NOPE, not quite right

"If the pony hadn't lost a shoe, he could help the soldier carry the pots and pans for the smith and thus free up the rest of the team to fight the battle..??? -- DAM* -- I can't seem to get this right...

That's alright... I'll keep working on it. Maybe it'll come to me...

Old Bag

OKAY...

There are three interwoven proverbs here (Quotes, Adages, whatever...).   007's scenario (as written) leads to certain 'situations' and questions that beg a closer look. These sayings 'speak' to "What Ifs"; "Wishes"; and "Uh-oh, something went wrong"....... 

1) What If...  -- "If 'ifs' and 'ands' were pots and pans, there'd be no need for tinkers"

2) I Wish... -- "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride" ... OR, alternatively,  "Wish in one hand and crap in the other, then see which one fills up quickest"

3) Uh-Oh... -- "For the loss of a nail, a shoe was lost; For the loss of a shoe, a horse was lost; For the loss of a horse, a rider was lost; For the loss of a rider, a battle was lost; For the loss of a battle, a kingdom was lost"

So, scenarios, situations, questions..... "I wish we could fire Tepper; I wish Tepper would ...; I wish we had drafted...  (See #2 ^^^ up there.)  There are a lot of 'moving parts' involved. Building a "team" is not easy. The success of every large "game-changer" decision is based upon a solid foundation of many, MANY small decisions. Without a solid foundation of little people, the bigger people would get lost in minutiae and fall into the hole they were hired to dig out of.... (See #3 ^^^ up there.)  "What if Canales...??"  Well OKAY, maybe. What if he doesn't..???  What if he fails miserably...??? (See #1 ^^^ up there).

This whole thing about Canales' hiring leaves a lot of unanswered questions. I'm hopeful, but I'm a realist and I'm not stupid (although some of you may question that...). Canales is being heralded as a QB "whisperer". He has "guided" this guy and "coached" that guy, and "made" the other guy into..???  SORRY... I don't buy it.  Like I said, I'm HOPEFUL.  But I'm looking at all of this with a jaundiced eye. I'm reading the stories promulgated by the all-knowing sultans of on-line mediocrity. And I'm taking it in and understanding it for the giant bucket of hyperbolic crap that it is.....

OKAY -- RANT OVER.   ROE = "Weapons Free" - Arm thyself with thy "slings and arrows" and fire at will.....

RE: Hey.... What IF??? - PantherFan007 - 01-29-2024

So you're saying you don't want to speculate, which is, actually, ALL we fanz do anyway lol ;) Tongue

(01-29-2024, 05:43 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: So you're saying you don't want to speculate, which is, actually, ALL we fanz do anyway lol ;) Tongue

Speculate. Speculate..??  Uh, no. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that WAY too much emphasis is being placed on a one-year coordinator,  his unknown skills, his unknown leadership, and his unknown, unproven and/or untested ability to communicate.  I am not saying he won't be successful. I really, sincerely hope that he proves himself up to the task.  Where I respectfully disagree is with crowning him a "QB Whisperer" and giving him the keys to the city. We can speculate all we want. Just don't fall at his feet and worship him as "the second coming..".  He's NOT "all that".  His "pedigree" is worth looking at. But the whole of his CV leaves room for a lot of doubt...IMHO. There are a lot of bone-headed 'talking-heads' out there who are spouting off indecipherable, incomprehensible lines of BS, most of which are courtesy of the Panthers hype machine, and which have little basis in fact. Some of these guys cannot write a coherent sentence. All they do is "copy", plagiarize the work of others. And we go merrily along reading and nodding our heads to a bunch of stolen text and ideas from a bunch of idiots who are dumber than a box of hammers.
Depressed

RE: Hey.... What IF??? - Ladypanther - 01-29-2024

(01-29-2024, 10:47 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(01-29-2024, 05:43 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: So you're saying you don't want to speculate, which is, actually, ALL we fanz do anyway lol ;) Tongue

Speculate. Speculate..??  Uh, no. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that WAY too much emphasis is being placed on a one-year coordinator,  his unknown skills, his unknown leadership, and his unknown, unproven and/or untested ability to communicate.  I am not saying he won't be successful. I really, sincerely hope that he proves himself up to the task.  Where I respectfully disagree is with crowning him a "QB Whisperer" and giving him the keys to the city. We can speculate all we want. Just don't fall at his feet and worship him as "the second coming..".  He's NOT "all that".  His "pedigree" is worth looking at. But the whole of his CV leaves room for a lot of doubt...IMHO. There are a lot of bone-headed 'talking-heads' out there who are spouting off indecipherable, incomprehensible lines of BS, most of which are courtesy of the Panthers hype machine, and which have little basis in fact. Some of these guys cannot write a coherent sentence. All they do is "copy", plagiarize the work of others. And we go merrily along reading and nodding our heads to a bunch of stolen text and ideas from a bunch of idiots who are dumber than a box of hammers.
Depressed

Wells Hobs...that 1 year coordinator is all we got.  We hang on to the good PR because that is all we got.

Although I have always tried to be positive, there has not been a HC hiring here ever to get excited about.  Best we can do is hope for the best.  A lot of fans are now even afraid to hope.

I will be positive, hope our new coach is one of those special talents...a gem that Tepper found before others [I know that sounds crazy but you know the thing about the blind squirrel...].

Then...I will watch games and brace myself for other possibilities. 

I have been a Panther fan since the 1st JR press conference. I thought no b2b winning seasons was bad.  The Tepper Times have been worse.  I'll take my crumb of hope into next Sept and see how long it lasts.

(01-29-2024, 11:15 PM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(01-29-2024, 10:47 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:

Depressed

Wells Hobs...that 1 year coordinator is all we got.  We hang on to the good PR because that is all we got.

Although I have always tried to be positive, there has not been a HC hiring here ever to get excited about.  Best we can do is hope for the best.  A lot of fans are now even afraid to hope.

I will be positive, hope our new coach is one of those special talents...a gem that Tepper found before others [I know that sounds crazy but you know the thing about the blind squirrel...].

Then...I will watch games and brace myself for other possibilities. 

I have been a Panther fan since the 1st JR press conference. I thought no b2b winning seasons was bad.  The Tepper Times have been worse.  I'll take my crumb of hope into next Sept and see how long it lasts.

LOVE IT...!!!

And I agree. I have a LOT more hope than just a crumb or two. I keep thinking that maybe someone will come up with a new "something", maybe from a Cracker Jack box, that will sprinkle a little fairy dust around the locker room and "magic" us into a few wins. I've been saying it for a couple of years now. My short-term goal for success is a "winning season." Don't know when we will get there, but I'll be ready.  Biggrin

RE: Hey.... What IF??? - PantherFan007 - 01-31-2024

Anybody remember Jimmy Pickles?  I didn't think so, at least not since Tepper got here.  Whistling