Panthersfanz Forums
TRADE - Printable Version

+- Panthersfanz Forums (https://panthersfanz.com/board)
+-- Forum: Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Carolina Panthers Talk (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: TRADE (/showthread.php?tid=1610)

TRADE - Ladypanther - 08-22-2024

The Panthers addressed their need for cornerback depth via trade on Thursday.

The team acquired cornerback Michael Jackson from the Seahawks, in exchange for rookie linebacker Michael Barrett.

The 27-year-old Jackson, originally a fifth-round pick by Dallas in 2019 from Miami, has also spent time with the Lions and Patriots.

The 6-foot-1, 210-pounder has started 21 career games and has an interception and two fumble recoveries.

The Panthers needed depth there, after recent injuries to starter Dane Jackson which is expected to keep him out of the start of the regular season. They also recently lost Lamar Jackson to a knee injury.

Barrett was the team's seventh-round pick this year out of Michigan. Seahawks special teams coach Jay Harbaugh was at Michigan last year, so he's familiar with Barrett's work.

https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-acquire-cornerback-michael-jackson-trade-seahawks-michael-barrett

RE: TRADE - PantherFan007 - 08-22-2024

I was a bit surprised by this. Not surprised that they were looking (or acquired) a Cornerback, but that they traded Barrett. But, they know more than I, so we'll see.

I just hope Michael Jackson is a Thriller through-and-through lol Tongue

Naughty

Ah..... They also signed rookie Linebacker Aaron Beasley.

Panthers sign rookie LB on Thursday (msn.com)

The Carolina Panthers kept themselves busy on Thursday.

As announced this afternoon, the team has signed rookie linebacker Aaron Beasley. The 6-foot-1, 225-pound defender joins the roster after completing a workout earlier in the day.

Beasley, a Franklin Ga. native, played all five of his collegiate seasons at the University of Tennessee. Over 56 games between 2019 and 2023, he recorded 238 total tackles (32.5 for a loss), 7.5 sacks, four forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, one interception and seven passes defensed.

To make room for Beasley, the Panthers waived/injured offensive lineman Badara Traore. Traore, who first joined the team last December, played 25 snaps in this summer's preseason opener against the New England Patriots—with 11 coming at left tackle and 14 at right tackle.

Carolina also pulled the trigger on a trade with the Seattle Seahawks just hours before the addition of Beasley—acquiring cornerback Michael Jackson in exchange for 2024 seventh-round pick and rookie linebacker Michael Barrett. Beasley could see action in Saturday's preseason finale with the departure of Barrett.

RE: TRADE - Ladypanther - 08-22-2024

(08-22-2024, 04:16 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: I was a bit surprised by this.  Not surprised that they were looking (or acquired) a Cornerback, but that they traded Barrett.  But, they know more than I, so we'll see. 

Naughty

[Image: post-14251-eddie-murphy-i-see-what-you-d...jpeg.22077]

(08-22-2024, 05:17 PM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(08-22-2024, 04:16 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: I was a bit surprised by this.  Not surprised that they were looking (or acquired) a Cornerback, but that they traded Barrett.  But, they know more than I, so we'll see. 
Naughty

Sorry, y'all, just gotta be startin' something.  

Guess the Panthers didn't wanna rock with you, Barrett. 

And I won't stop until I get enough....

Alrighty, I'm done now.  I'm going in the bedroom and looking at the man in the mirror for a while :(

Naughty

RE: TRADE - BlackCatzFan - 08-22-2024

(08-22-2024, 05:18 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(08-22-2024, 05:17 PM)Ladypanther Wrote:
Naughty

Sorry, y'all, just gotta be startin' something.  

Guess the Panthers didn't wanna rock with you, Barrett. 

And I won't stop until I get enough....

Alrighty, I'm done now.  I'm going in the bedroom and looking at the man in the mirror for a while :(

Naughty

Looks like we got a smooth criminal…

RE: TRADE - Josh21 - 08-22-2024

007 n bcf, man y’all got the most outta that! Preciate it.

RE: TRADE - BlackCatzFan - 08-22-2024

(08-22-2024, 09:24 PM)Josh21 Wrote: 007 n bcf, man y’all got the most outta that!  Preciate it.

If ya don’t like it, Beat it Tongue

RE: TRADE - PantherFan007 - 08-23-2024

(08-22-2024, 09:43 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote:
(08-22-2024, 09:24 PM)Josh21 Wrote: 007 n bcf, man y’all got the most outta that!  Preciate it.

If ya don’t like it, Beat it Tongue

Fblaugh

RE: TRADE - PantherFan007 - 08-23-2024

Fblaugh Glad to be of service, sir lol

It might, however, turn out to be the most we have gotten out of a trade in quite some time lol