Panthersfanz Forums
THIELEN PLACED ON INJURED RESERVE, WILL MISS FOUR WEEKS - Printable Version

+- Panthersfanz Forums (https://panthersfanz.com/board)
+-- Forum: Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Carolina Panthers Talk (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: THIELEN PLACED ON INJURED RESERVE, WILL MISS FOUR WEEKS (/showthread.php?tid=1700)

THIELEN PLACED ON INJURED RESERVE, WILL MISS FOUR WEEKS - PantherFan007 - 09-24-2024

Fbcry

Time for next man up!

Worship

Heal quickly, Adam!  Best wishes bud!

Adam Thielen placed on injured reserve, among other moves (panthers.com)

CHARLOTTE — The Panthers' first win of the season came with a cost.

The Panthers placed veteran wide receiver Adam Thielen on injured reserve Tuesday as part of a flurry of moves.

Thielen suffered a hamstring injury while hauling in his 31-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter. He changed into street clothes at halftime, and did not return.

The 34-year-old Thielen had eight catches for 109 yards and a score this season. He was the most productive offensive player on the roster last year, with 103 catches for 1,014 yards and four touchdowns during his debut season here after 10 years with the Vikings.

The team also placed safety Jordan Fuller on injured reserve Tuesday. By rule, he and Thielen will be out for at least the next four weeks.

Fuller has started all three games at safety after coming over from the Rams this offseason. They have a solid replacement on hand in Nick Scott, as defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero said this offseason he felt like he had three starting-caliber safeties along with Xavier Woods.

The team also waived tight end Messiah Swinson. He was signed off the Green Bay practice squad prior to Week 1 but did not appear in a game here.

To fill those three roster spots, the team signed three players from the practice squad — wide receiver Jalen Coker and safeties Demani Richardson and Russ Yeast.

Coker and Richardson were undrafted rookies who were here all offseason, while Yeast has experience with this staff from his time with the Rams. He has played in 33 games, with 11 starts.

The team also signed safety Alex Cook and cornerback Justin Hardee to the practice squad and released practice squad outside linebacker Eku Leota from the practice squad.

RE: THIELEN PLACED ON INJURED RESERVE, WILL MISS FOUR WEEKS - Hobbit99 - 09-24-2024

Sooo... We lose Thielen and Fuller for at least four weeks. That's gonna hurt. Two starters down.  So, we'll see how our backups play. I like our WR guys, so Thielen's replacement will not hurt as much as Fuller. At Safety, we'll undoubtedly use multiple guys until we settle on "who's on first...".

I hate this crap..!!!

PANTHERS.COM:  Panthers Move Two To I.R.

RE: THIELEN PLACED ON INJURED RESERVE, WILL MISS FOUR WEEKS - Ladypanther - 09-24-2024

Sucks for Thielen.  Am excited for Coker's opportunity. Leggett should get more opportunities and hoping he can step up.  (Bet he will)  Evero did a great job last year plugging in players due to injury outs. Their worst enemy was the Panthers' offense.

We got this.

RE: THIELEN PLACED ON INJURED RESERVE, WILL MISS FOUR WEEKS - BlackCatzFan - 09-24-2024

Scott will fill in for fuller just fine, and Legette for thielan, I think we will be ok.

RE: THIELEN PLACED ON INJURED RESERVE, WILL MISS FOUR WEEKS - Hobbit99 - 09-24-2024

(09-24-2024, 08:54 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Sucks for Thielen.  Am excited for Coker's opportunity. Leggett should get more opportunities and hoping he can step up.  (Bet he will)  Evero did a great job last year plugging in players due to injury outs. Their worst enemy was the Panthers' offense.

We got this.

(09-24-2024, 11:23 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Scott will fill in for fuller just fine, and Legette for thielan, I think we will be ok.

Legette will undoubtedly get more snaps. So will Mingo.  Coker will play some as well.  However ..... The real question is WHO will play in the slot.? That has always been the domain of Thielen. With Thielen out for at least four weeks -- who is the slot receiver.? My bet would be Mingo. Legette is simply not the size/type for a slot receiver. Might see Coker there as well.

RE: THIELEN PLACED ON INJURED RESERVE, WILL MISS FOUR WEEKS - Josh21 - 09-25-2024

Let em find out lp!

Moore?

I hope Coker balls out! He play st?

RE: THIELEN PLACED ON INJURED RESERVE, WILL MISS FOUR WEEKS - PantherFan007 - 09-25-2024

Mingo has impressed me so far this season.