Panthersfanz Forums
RANKING 'EM - 2020 Potential First Round Draft Picks - Panthers - Printable Version

+- Panthersfanz Forums (https://panthersfanz.com/board)
+-- Forum: Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Carolina Panthers Talk (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: RANKING 'EM - 2020 Potential First Round Draft Picks - Panthers (/showthread.php?tid=66)

Pages: 1 2 3

RANKING 'EM - 2020 Potential First Round Draft Picks - Panthers - PantherFan007 - 01-21-2020

Here are a few I like and some I am on the fence about.  I didn't include guys who I am pretty sure will be off the board (ie, Joe Burrow, etc)

CeeDee Lamb, WR - Oklahoma  (we would be STUPID to pass up this guy if he is there)

Isaiah Simmons, Safety/LB - Clemson.  The last Nick Butkus winner we drafted turned out awesome!

Derrick Brown, DT - Auburn.   This guy up front with Kawaan Short? Shut UP lol  The only thing is he has a bit of a nasty streak in him.

Kenneth Murray, ILB - Oklahoma

Tua Tagovailoa, QB - Alabama.     I understand that he had a dislocated hip and had surgery to repair it, but he has been seen walking around and jogging like there was never an injury.  Some teams might pass on him, letting him slip in the Draft.  I would perhaps be a little concerned to take him so high in the first round (unless he has a lights out Pro Day), but if he fell to the 2nd round, I'd snatch him with a quickness.

RE: RANKING 'EM - 2020 Potential First Round Draft Picks - Panthers - iiwii - 01-21-2020

David Tepper has deep pockets. If he wants Burrow, well.....

RE: RANKING 'EM - 2020 Potential First Round Draft Picks - Panthers - Firstchance - 01-21-2020

I am almost positive...they will take a college player to go with all their coaches.

wise thing but, it wont happen...is to trade down....this team will need plenty prospects over the next couple years

RE: RANKING 'EM - 2020 Potential First Round Draft Picks - Panthers - PantherFan007 - 01-22-2020

(01-21-2020, 08:31 PM)iiwii Wrote: David Tepper has deep pockets.  If he wants Burrow, well.....

That's one time I wouldnt mind hearing "It is what it is" lol

RE: RANKING 'EM - 2020 Potential First Round Draft Picks - Panthers - iiwii - 01-22-2020

Let's not forget there will be players available in free agency too. Not everyone needs to come from this years draft. But yeah, we got some work to do.

RE: RANKING 'EM - 2020 Potential First Round Draft Picks - Panthers - Hobbit99 - 01-22-2020

Lots of interesting talent around. Way too early to be doing mocks though. Panthers have a lot of decisions to be made before we even LOOK or THINK about draft picks. I am interested in current player contracts. .... What we do at QB... Will Cam still be here.? How is KK doing...Will he back at full strength.?? How many experienced LBs will we have.?? Who's playing Inside with Shaq.?? If we go back to 4-3 base, who is MLB? ALL of our FAs....who is coming back...who isn't..??

Then factor in FA from other teams. Who will be available.?? Who signs.?? Tepper's money means NOTHING..... Still constrained by salary cap..!! Once all of this stuff shakes out, THEN (and only then...) is it time to set up a draft scenario.

Who knows, Maybe we sign Tom Brady (Please God...NO.!!)

RE: RANKING 'EM - 2020 Potential First Round Draft Picks - Panthers - iiwii - 01-22-2020

Now, I could get excited over any one of these picks. I like Lamb and seem to remember a certain WR here who used to block people out like that. lol You know the one... Heck Lamb might actually make Kyle Allen a decent option for us.

Derick Brown looks like what we didn't have all year. Yeah, him and KK would be nasty. He would look right at home in the Black and Blue.

The QB is interesting, but I do think we have to really hit it on the first two picks. He might be fine, but with the uncertainty we had (have) at QB this year, not knowing if Cam will be coming back or not, I think adding another question mark at QB won't happen.

Brady said we are going to score a lot of points and win a lot of games. They want to build a high powered offense. I would bet on a play maker like Lamb first. This draft should be fun for us.

RE: RANKING 'EM - 2020 Potential First Round Draft Picks - Panthers - PantherFan007 - 01-22-2020

(01-22-2020, 07:53 PM)iiwii Wrote: Now, I could get excited over any one of these picks.  I like Lamb and seem to remember a certain WR here who used to block people out like that.  lol  You know the one... Heck Lamb might actually make Kyle Allen a decent option for us.

Derick Brown looks like what we didn't have all year.  Yeah, him and KK would be nasty.  He would look right at home in the Black and Blue.

The QB is interesting, but I do think we have to really hit it on the first two picks.  He might be fine, but with the uncertainty we had (have) at QB this year, not knowing if Cam will be coming back or not, I think adding another question mark at QB won't happen.

Brady said we are going to score a lot of points and win a lot of games.  They want to build a high powered offense.  I would bet on a play maker like Lamb first.  This draft should be fun for us.

MOOOOOSE!!!! Big Grin

What has been gnawing at the back of my mind is if Brady thinks he can fix Kyle Allen's fumble problem and foregoes drafting a quarterback with Will Grier in the wings. Rhule likes Grier, and I have heard him say twice, "Yeah the last time I saw that guy (Grier), he was hanging thirty on me" (or some embarrassing number). Kyle has a great arm, but with the poor offensive line this year, even Cam couldn't have done any better.

Here's another quarterback I hadn't thought about, but have seen him mocked on NFL.com Mock Drafts to the Panthers at #8. Some Mock Drafts have him going higher, others lower, but he's an early to mid-first round talent.

Justin Herbert, QB - Oregon.   
6'6" tall
240 lbs.
Junior. 

He has one helluva strong arm (and accurate), is a safer choice than Tua, and can scramble a-la-Cam Newton.  

Here's a good video about Justin Herbert, how he came to Oregon as an afterthought, and "took over" the Oregon Football Program, throwing for 19 touichdowns with only four interceptions his freshman year.

I have the video to set where they start talking about his time at Oregon. (EDIT: It didn't work, but it starts talking about Oregon Football at 1:30 of the video)