Panthersfanz Forums
My bold prediction: Baker benched after next game - Printable Version

+- Panthersfanz Forums (https://panthersfanz.com/board)
+-- Forum: Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Carolina Panthers Talk (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: My bold prediction: Baker benched after next game (/showthread.php?tid=672)

Pages: 1 2

My bold prediction: Baker benched after next game - BlackCatzFan - 10-03-2022

https://twitter.com/49ersKyle/status/1577129667609305088?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

The 49ers defense is going to embarrass us.  It’s the first real defense that we are going to face that has playoff caliber form this season.  Honestly, my prediction is baker gets sacked 5 times, has 3 fumbles and throws 2 picks at least.  I don’t want to be all doom and gloom, but HOW DO YOU NOT SCORE WITH THE PLAYERS WE HAVE?  This is insane. 

Also, Bosa is ready for baker.

I’ll add that I don’t think this will happen, but I swear, we are going to be embarrassed so bad the next two games it’s going to be absurd if Matt Fool keeps his job.

RE: My bold prediction: Baker benched after next game - Hobbit99 - 10-03-2022

(10-03-2022, 10:20 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: https://twitter.com/49ersKyle/status/1577129667609305088?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

The 49ers defense is going to embarrass us.  It’s the first real defense that we are going to face that has playoff caliber form this season.  Honestly, my prediction is baker gets sacked 5 times, has 3 fumbles and throws 2 picks at least.  I don’t want to be all doom and gloom, but HOW DO YOU NOT SCORE WITH THE PLAYERS WE HAVE?  This is insane. 

I’ll add that I don’t think this will happen, but I swear, we are going to be embarrassed so bad the next two games it’s going to be absurd if Matt Fool keeps his job.

Well, I think we lose, but our Defense may keep us in it, or keep it close.  I'd be happy if it's close.  As far as Rhule is concerned.... I'm already on record saying he has some sort of an 'agreement' with Tepper (IMHO..). I think we're stuck with him through the end of the season.

RE: My bold prediction: Baker benched after next game - BlackCatzFan - 10-04-2022

(10-03-2022, 11:58 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(10-03-2022, 10:20 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: https://twitter.com/49ersKyle/status/1577129667609305088?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Well, I think we lose, but our Defense may keep us in it, or keep it close.  I'd be happy if it's close.  As far as Rhule is concerned.... I'm already on record saying he has some sort of an 'agreement' with Tepper (IMHO..). I think we're stuck with him through the end of the season.

To be fair, I said it’d be absurd, not that it wouldn’t happen.  It’s crazy how it’s going into week 5 and we feel like the kid who didn’t know at the end of the trip we are going rafting, and thus we don’t have a raft.  So we are scrambling around trying to pretend that the rocks are a raft, or a piece of wood, or anything.  All the while, the rest of the teams showed up mostly prepared and are paddling around us.  Our offense looks like it didn’t know the season was coming, and that’s bad.

RE: My bold prediction: Baker benched after next game - PantherFan007 - 10-04-2022

We will be literally destroyed this game. I'm not sure I have the stomach to watch. I'm afraid it will be so bad that Matt Rhule will be fired before the game is over. As for Baker Mayfield, he can change his name to Baker Maynotfield.

RE: My bold prediction: Baker benched after next game - Firstchance - 10-04-2022

It should be and if it wasn’t a trap game for the 49ers IT WOULD be. But playing after big Monday night game, time zone difference, even though a normal kickoff time for them, they play sloppy, we are sloppy but it’s ONLY a 10 point game. Otherwise, we would lose by 24.

RE: My bold prediction: Baker benched after next game - Hobbit99 - 10-04-2022

So....... Baker benched.?? Hmmm...
That would mean PJ Walker would play.... Gosh, what have we come to....??

Actually, I think Mayfield will stay around. We don't currently have another QB ready to go.....only Walker.  As I've mentioned previously, I would LIKE to see Jacob Eason take some snaps.  Don't think Rhule is interested though..

(10-04-2022, 06:18 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Hobbit99

To be fair, I said it’d be absurd, not that it wouldn’t happen.  It’s crazy how it’s going into week 5 and we feel like the kid who didn’t know at the end of the trip we are going rafting, and thus we don’t have a raft.  So we are scrambling around trying to pretend that the rocks are a raft, or a piece of wood, or anything.  All the while, the rest of the teams showed up mostly prepared and are paddling around us.  Our offense looks like it didn’t know the season was coming, and that’s bad.

You know, this is a pretty fair analogy.  Doing the same thing over and over, and hoping for a different result. Not exactly the best idea.....

RE: My bold prediction: Baker benched after next game - BlackCatzFan - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 02:57 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: So....... Baker benched.??  Hmmm...

Actually, I think Mayfield will stay around. We don't currently have another QB ready to go.....only Walker.  As I've mentioned previously, I would LIKE to see Jacob Eason take some snaps.  Don't think Rhule is interested though..

You know, this is a pretty fair analogy.  Doing the same thing over and over, and hoping for a different result. Not exactly the best idea.....

It honestly reminds me of when I had soldiers who’d show up to the field, and not bring a tent or sleeping bag.

(10-04-2022, 02:57 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: So....... Baker benched.??  Hmmm...

It honestly reminds me of when I had soldiers who’d show up to the field, and not bring a tent or sleeping bag.

(10-04-2022, 03:17 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 02:57 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: You know, this is a pretty fair analogy.  Doing the same thing over and over, and hoping for a different result. Not exactly the best idea.....

I retired from the Army. Spent a LOT of time in the forests and mountains of Germany, back in the day.... Before your time I'm sure. Back in the days before the wall came down.  In the days when REFORGER was still a "thing."  In the days before 8th ID retired their colors....

As an AH pilot, I saw a lot of stupid stuff. On a "stupid scale", what we're seeing here today is just a "moment in time."  This too shall pass......

RE: My bold prediction: Baker benched after next game - PantherFan007 - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 03:37 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 03:17 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 02:57 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: You know, this is a pretty fair analogy.  Doing the same thing over and over, and hoping for a different result. Not exactly the best idea.....

I retired from the Army. Spent a LOT of time in the forests and mountains of Germany, back in the day.... Before your time I'm sure. Back in the days before the wall came down.  In the days when REFORGER was still a "thing."  In the days before 8th ID retired their colors....

As an AH pilot, I saw a lot of stupid stuff. On a "stupid scale", what we're seeing here today is just a "moment in time."  This too shall pass......

He was actually conceived in Germany right after I came back from Reforger '87 Big Grin Both of his sisters were born in Germany, but he was born stateside.

My OPFOR Team was the first to shoot down a Cobra lol.  (Okay, we didn't shoot it down, it made an emergency landing in the snow and we all rushed out and claimed victory)  Big Grin

You ever spend any time at Finthen Army Airfield?  I was at McCully Barracks, Lee Barracks in Mainz, Camp Pieri, Weisbaden, Gibbs Kaserne, Frankfurt, and did some *special duty* at Drake-Edwards Kaserne working for V Corps. 

I did some undercover work with CID, but that's all classified lol

Joker

(10-04-2022, 03:52 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 03:37 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: I retired from the Army. Spent a LOT of time in the forests and mountains of Germany, back in the day.... Before your time I'm sure. Back in the days before the wall came down.  In the days when REFORGER was still a "thing."  In the days before 8th ID retired their colors....

He was actually conceived in Germany right after I came back from Reforger '87 Big Grin  Both of his sisters were born in Germany, but he was born stateside.

My OPFOR Team was the first to shoot down a Cobra lol.  (Okay, we didn't shoot it down, it made an emergency landing in the snow and we all rushed out and claimed victory)  Big Grin

You ever spend any time at Finthen Army Airfield?  I was at McCully Barracks, Lee Barracks in Mainz, Camp Pieri, Weisbaden, Gibbs Kaserne, Frankfurt, and did some *special duty* at Drake-Edwards Kaserne working for V Corps. 

I did some undercover work with CID, but that's all classified lol

Joker

LOL....Yeah, I know about that "stuff". Big Grin

Yep... My last "Duty" station was at Mainz-Finthen with 8th CAB. Aviation assets were sort of spread around that area. I flew early Cobras AH-1Gs and early -S models. Then back to Rucker for a AH-1S FMC transition. (Fully Modernized Cobra..) with all of the "classified" goodies. Was the first FMC Cobra qualified pilot in my unit. Two IPs got qualified then also. The three of us led the transition team when "B" company traded in our early "S" models for the FMC version.  Spent lots of time up around Fulda. Enjoyed visiting the monastery up at Kreuzberg (Cloister Kreuzberg) several times. Finally got rid of the Cobras when we upgraded to AH-64.  Lived "on the economy" at Mainz-Gonsenheim (in the high-rises..). 

It was a good time. Enjoyed MLKV, and Rheinblick (golf course..). Spent some time at Baden-Baden and AFRC-Garmisch.  On one of our last deliveries when we were trading aircraft, I was PIC flying a UH-1 Huey ferrying 10 pilots home from Ramstein after turning in five AH-1S a/c. Filed IFR out of Ramstein direct Finthen. We were cleared for T.O. and were immediately "in the soup" at 500 feet. Clearance was to 5000 then direct Finthen "own navigation". Started picking up rhime ice at about 2500 feet, wipers were sticking to the windscreen. Strapped our crew chief on a safety line and hung out the open cargo door to check the FOD screen on the engine inlet. All clear.  Fuel load, plus passengers, plus ice, too heavy for climb to 5000. I was bumping against torque limits for the Huey. I requested a lower altitude and received clearance to 4000.  THEN....the enroute NDB went down. Back to Ramstein Deparure Control who grudgingly gave me vectors to keep me clear of conflicting airspace toward Finthen. Finally contacted Finthen Approach Radar and received clearance for a PAR into Finthen. Approach went all the way to the ground. Too heavy to hover. Twelve guys were mighty thankful when we touched down at Finthen covered with ice. Maintenance came out with a "tug" and towed the Huey into the hanger to defrost.

Just one adventure amongst many....