Panthersfanz Forums
PANTHERS SIGNINGS & UN-SIGNINGS...?? - Printable Version

+- Panthersfanz Forums (https://panthersfanz.com/board)
+-- Forum: Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Carolina Panthers Talk (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: PANTHERS SIGNINGS & UN-SIGNINGS...?? (/showthread.php?tid=704)

Pages: 1 2

PANTHERS SIGNINGS & UN-SIGNINGS...?? - Hobbit99 - 10-18-2022

Here in the closing days of October, and the closing days before the trade deadline, the Panthers are moving forward AS IF they actually had a plan.  I, however, am NOT convinced.  Wilks made a comment that he wanted to 'manipulate' the Practice Squad a little before the "end of days".  The Practice Squad...... the place where stars are born..  Huh  Anyway, he wanted to move some players, look at some players, add some players, etc., etc., ad nauseam.  So apparently, that's what is happening.

So, effective today, the Panthers have signed LB Chandler Wooten. Wooten was "stolen" from the Cardinals Practice Squad, so he will spend some time on the 53 roster (rules matter..). He takes the place of Robbie Anderson who left yesterday.

Also, the Panthers released DE Austin Larkin, TE Josh Babicz, and RB John Lovett from the Practice Squad. To fill those three spots, the Panthers have signed RB Spencer Brown who was waived-injured earlier when initial cuts were being done. Two others have also been added.... DE Raequan Williams, and OLB Delontae Scott.

This process is what Wilks calls "turning over the Practice Squad."  To which I say...... "Well, alrighty then..."

PANTHERS.COM:  Panthers Sign LB & "Turn Over" The Practice Squad

RE: PANTHERS SIGNINGS & UN-SIGNINGS...?? - PantherFan007 - 10-20-2022

I believe his statement was "Practice Squad, where Starters are born", not "Stars" ;)

RE: PANTHERS SIGNINGS & UN-SIGNINGS...?? - Hobbit99 - 10-20-2022

(10-20-2022, 12:20 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: I believe his statement was "Practice Squad, where Starters are born", not "Stars" ;)

Ahhh.... You are of course, .....correct.   My comment was hastily conceived (in error..). I stand corrected.  My attention span must be lagging---- not sure why..???

RE: PANTHERS SIGNINGS & UN-SIGNINGS...?? - Hobbit99 - 10-20-2022

More News On Revenue Enhancements and Disbursements  (So To Speak..)...  Big Grin Big Grin

The latest information seems to indicate that the Panthers have signed another Linebacker. Panthers are listing a Joel Iyiegbuniwe (if I got that spelling right..) on the current "Transaction Report". They are also showing that we have released DE Frank Herron. These transactions affect the Practice Squad roster only....as far as I know.  Although these moves show up on the "Transaction Report", so that should make them "official", there has been no news posted on the website, Panthers dot com.

RE: PANTHERS SIGNINGS & UN-SIGNINGS...?? - Hobbit99 - 10-25-2022

Today, Tuesday, the Panthers have made some moves to the 53 Roster and to the Practice Squad. DE Henry Anderson has been placed on the NFI list (Non-Football Injury..). Anderson has been playing well and has provided some good rotational snaps for the Panthers defense. He has missed some time the past week due to an "illness" of some sort. Apparently it is a little troublesome....OR, the Panthers just wanted the slot for a different player right now.

In addition, the Panthers have signed two players to the 53 Roster. CB Tae Hayes has been signed from our Practice Squad and OT Larnel Coleman from the Dolphins Practice Squad. Since Coleman was "stolen" from another teams Practice Squad, he becomes a mandatory signing to the 53 Roster for at least three weeks. He can be 'fired', but for accounting purposes he is still a part of the 53 roster for a minimum of three weeks.

Phil Hoskins DT Panthers, has been signed to the Practice Squad to fill Tae Hayes' spot. Hoskins was waived from the 53 on Saturday.....now he's back.

RE: PANTHERS SIGNINGS & UN-SIGNINGS...?? - PantherFan007 - 10-25-2022

I liked what I saw from Phil Hoskins in the short time he played.

RE: PANTHERS SIGNINGS & UN-SIGNINGS...?? - Hobbit99 - 10-25-2022

I really liked Henry Anderson.  He was a great anchor for a new guy (new to US - not to the league..). Bright future here I think.  Wonder why he went to NFI...??  The Injury report just mentioned "illness".  Hmmm.  I guess he could have picked up one of the new Covid variants.....  Shouldn't have been a real 'worry' though...  Well, he will have to spend at least the next four weeks "out".  (Just like the IR designated to return stuff..).

RE: PANTHERS SIGNINGS & UN-SIGNINGS...?? - Josh21 - 10-25-2022

Yeah I liked Andersons contributions so far. Hopefully Gross-Mayos continues to step up. Is it 4 weeks, or week to week with NFI? I usually know these things, but NFI is different.

RE: PANTHERS SIGNINGS & UN-SIGNINGS...?? - Hobbit99 - 10-26-2022

Well, NFI is actually the same as IR as far as the timeline is concerned. (That is my understanding anyway,,.... That is what I read somewhere..). This is a rule change this year. Prior to this year, a player had to remain on the NFI or PUP list for SIX weeks. Now it's FOUR weeks....... Or at least that's my understanding.

RE: PANTHERS SIGNINGS & UN-SIGNINGS...?? - Hobbit99 - 10-30-2022

The Panthers have "elevated" RB Spencer Brown from the Practice Squad as a "Standard Elevation" for the Week 8 game against the Falcons. This is obviously because Chuba Hubbard is not available. So, the Panthers will have D'onta Foreman as the 'lead' RB with Blackshear alongside to provide some change-of-pace. Spencer Brown will probably get a few snaps along the way as well.

The Panthers continue to play "Musical Chairs" with the Practice Squad. The makeup of the Squad seems to change almost daily. It's really not THAT bad of course, it just seems like it.