Panthersfanz Forums
NFLPA Bowl is today - Printable Version

+- Panthersfanz Forums (https://panthersfanz.com/board)
+-- Forum: Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Carolina Panthers Talk (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NFLPA Bowl is today (/showthread.php?tid=823)

Pages: 1 2

NFLPA Bowl is today - Firstchance - 01-29-2023

1:00 est time on the NFL network channel. 

This games is basically made up of potential assumed undrafted college kids hoping to catch the eye of a scout and possibly an invite to the senior bowl. 

http://collegiate.nflpa.com/2023-game-roster/

RE: NFLPA Bowl is today - Hobbit99 - 01-29-2023

Is this something new..???  Never heard of this before now.  A "bowl game" featuring the future UDFAs..????  REALLY..??

Maybe I'm just a mushroom....

Wtfsign Huh

Bag

(01-29-2023, 12:59 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Is this something new..???  Never heard of this before now.  A "bowl game" featuring the future UDFAs..????  REALLY..??

Wtfsign Huh

Bag

Never mind.  I was right, I AM a mushroom.  (Keep me in the dark, and feed me sh*t.)

Been around for about ten (10) years.  A college all-star game (????--REALLY..??) for "draft eligible" college players......who are unknowns (apparently..??).  I wonder if ANY of these guys have ever been drafted..??

Lightbulb  Light, I need light. Someone wake me up and get me out of this darkness...

RE: NFLPA Bowl is today - Firstchance - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 12:59 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Is this something new..???  Never heard of this before now.  A "bowl game" featuring the future UDFAs..????  REALLY..??

Wtfsign Huh

Bag

Wtfsign Huh

Bag

19 alone last year and 79 undrafted…wild right… just like wild mushrooms.  I think I read somewhere that over 100 had been drafted since they started this 10 years ago… maybe the experts are no smarter than us. 

Never mind.  I was right, I AM a mushroom.  (Keep make in the dark, and feed me sh*t.)

Been around for about ten (10) years.  A college all-star game (????--REALLY..??) for "draft eligible" college players......who are unknowns (apparently..??).  I wonder if ANY of these guys have ever been drafted..??

Lightbulb  Light, I need light. Someone wake me up and get me out of this darkness...

RE: NFLPA Bowl is today - Hobbit99 - 01-29-2023

Hilarious... First..

After I looked it up, I noticed a list of "Notable Illumni" that included 18 players names  and another list of 10 game MVPs.........NONE of which I am familiar with.  Anyway..... No big name players for certain. 

It just seems oddly surprising that the NFLPA would lend their name (or "sponsor") a "Bowl" game to feature players who are NOT expected to be drafted.  Why bother..??  It's not like it would be a good, or exciting, or even interesting game.  There are (apparently..) 43 actual "bowl games" featuring TEAMS playing against each other in 2022--2023.  Why add another mish-mash mess (not really a 'game'..).??? Sort of like a 'Junior' "Senior Bowl"....????

Sorry.... I just don't "get it".

As far as the 'experts' having any semblance of 'smartness'....???  I think your statement is probably correct.

RE: NFLPA Bowl is today - PantherFan007 - 01-29-2023

You mean the Illuminati?? lol Tongue

I haven't had much interest in the past several years in anything involved with the NFLPA, personally speaking.

RE: NFLPA Bowl is today - Firstchance - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 06:03 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: You mean the Illuminati?? lol Tongue 

I haven't had much interest in the past several years in anything involved with the NFLPA, personally speaking.

Well then. Lol. 

The East West Shrine Bowl is in three days!!!

I’m just wondering if the Panthers have scouts at these… ???

RE: NFLPA Bowl is today - Hobbit99 - 01-30-2023

(01-29-2023, 09:43 PM)Firstchance Wrote:

Well then. Lol. 
The East West Shrine Bowl is in three days!!!

I’m just wondering if the Panthers have scouts at these… ???

Hmmm....

IF you can believe the 'hype' as presented by the "NFLPA BOWL" website.....
Quote:"...nearly 200 scouts, player personnel staff, general managers and head coaches from all 32 NFL teams are expected to be in attendance to watch live practices, conduct player interviews and review tape."

The East-West Shrine Bowl is a different animal. Lots of the big names show up there. But, just keeping it real, it's not really about a football game.  It's all about the Shriner's mission with their Children's Hospital.  It's a chance for folks to see and help out with donations for a very worthy cause.  AND, it's not really about the players opportunity either....  Although some "scouting" does invariably take place there.

The 'Senior Bowl' is the last real chance for the players to showcase talent on the field.  After that, it's all about controlled exposure in "pro-days" and the Combine.

ALL of this ^^^ is strictly "IMHO"..

RE: NFLPA Bowl is today - BlackCatzFan - 01-30-2023

East west shrine bowl?
CANT WAIT to see Javaris Jamar Javarison-Lamar- University of Middle Tennessee!

RE: NFLPA Bowl is today - Firstchance - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 10:51 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: East west shrine bowl? 
CANT WAIT to see Javaris Jamar Javarison-Lamar- University of Middle Tennessee!

Haha

RE: NFLPA Bowl is today - PantherFan007 - 02-01-2023

You can't deny Hingle McCringleberry - Pitt State University.  

Big Grin 
Tongue