Panthersfanz Forums
QB talk - Printable Version

+- Panthersfanz Forums (https://panthersfanz.com/board)
+-- Forum: Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Carolina Panthers Talk (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: QB talk (/showthread.php?tid=887)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

QB talk - Firstchance - 03-06-2023

Geno Smith just signed a 3 yr 105 million contract. Which is really a two year 53 million dollar deal. 
One (me) would think that would bring Darnold in the range of 2 yr 35 million and call it a 3 yr 74 million deal.

RE: QB talk - PantherFan007 - 03-06-2023

(03-06-2023, 07:34 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Geno Smith just signed a 3 yr 105 million contract. Which is really a two year 53 million dollar deal. 
One (me) would think that would bring Darnold in the range of 2 yr 35 million and call it a 3 yr 74 million deal.

As bad as I hate to admit it, I still think Darnold is our best option at veteran quarterback right now.  I hope they bring him back for another year or two.

RE: QB talk - Firstchance - 03-06-2023

With Carr signing in New Orleans, Andy Dalton might be a possibility as well.

RE: QB talk - Hobbit99 - 03-06-2023

Well, since the Saints have made it official, everything is closer to "shaking out" for the Panthers.  I expect to hear something about a "veteran" QB before too long.  And Darnold makes the most sense.  Darnold, along with Bozeman, Foreman, and Ioannidis are the next order of business for the Panthers.

Your numbers for Darnold seem about right I think. It's actually hard to put together a realistic number (at least for me...), because the QB "value chart" has grown astronomically over the last five years or so.  As a lot of us have been 'preaching' recently, Darnold is the best option available at the best "price-point".  Together with Matt Corral and a new 'draft' QB, the Panthers will be set for a couple of years.... And then hopefully for about ten years or so.  Who knows....maybe we hold on to PJ Walker for awhile too...??? (NOT saying we should---Just "who knows"..)
Huh

RE: QB talk - PantherFan007 - 03-07-2023

As far as Draft Picks, I won't be sad with either of the top four quarterbacks in this year's draft, but I do have them listed a little differently than the talking heads.

RE: QB talk - Hobbit99 - 03-07-2023

As 007 mentioned, draft order for the QBs is different (IMO..) as far as the Panthers are concerned.

Here is how I have them ranked as of now...

1. C J Stroud
2. Will Levis
3. Bryce Young
4. Anthony Richardson
5. Hendon Hooker

Now as far as the Panthers are concerned, I would switch Will Levis up to the #1 position solely because of value. I think he will  likely be just as good as Stroud (maybe better..) with a little seasoning and will most likely be several draft spots lower.... hence more value.  I would also have Hooker higher, probably #3, if not for the injury concern. Richardson is the wild card. Attitude is an issue for me. Otherwise he looks good with a lot of up-side after some coaching and seasoning.

RE: QB talk - Josh21 - 03-08-2023

I rely on u guys for scouting. I like certain things, but rarely the whole picture.

I do know the Texans could f up the draft pans of many if the Bears stay n they don’t pick Young. Still a qb. Talk about scrambling. That’d b interesting

I love silly season. Believe it or not, one of my best friends predicted Otah n Stewart that draft. Not during, before.

RE: QB talk - PantherFan007 - 03-08-2023

(03-07-2023, 10:54 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: As 007 mentioned, draft order for the QBs is different (IMO..) as far as the Panthers are concerned.

Here is how I have them ranked as of now...

1. C J Stroud
2. Will Levis
3. Bryce Young
4. Anthony Richardson
5. Hendon Hooker

Now as far as the Panthers are concerned, I would switch Will Levis up to the #1 position solely because of value. I think he will  likely be just as good as Stroud (maybe better..) with a little seasoning and will most likely be several draft spots lower.... hence more value.  I would also have Hooker higher, probably #3, if not for the injury concern. Richardson is the wild card. Attitude is an issue for me. Otherwise he looks good with a lot of up-side after some coaching and seasoning.

That is exactly the same way I had them arranged. Big Grin

RE: QB talk - BlackCatzFan - 03-08-2023

I honestly wouldn’t have Anthony Richardson so high, he’s such an unknown. He don’t have any real experience, just raw talent. I can’t get any kind of warm/fuzzy feelings with him. All he did was lead the gators to an outstanding 6-7 season- too much to work on to get him to where he needs to be. He has the opportunity to be good, I just don’t see that here. He needs to develop, and being thrown into the fire in the NFL is the wrong place to do that with someone with such shoddy mechanics.

RE: QB talk - Hobbit99 - 03-08-2023

(03-08-2023, 07:18 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: I honestly wouldn’t have Anthony Richardson so high, he’s such an unknown.  He don’t have any real experience, just raw talent.  I can’t get any kind of warm/fuzzy feelings with him.  All he did was lead the gators to an outstanding 6-7 season-  too much to work on to get him to where he needs to be.  He has the opportunity to be good, I just don’t see that here.  He needs to develop, and being thrown into the fire in the NFL is the wrong place to do that with someone with such shoddy mechanics.

Everything you said, I (sort of) agree with. I will admit my rating of Richardson is based solely on his performance at the Combine where he looked good in drills, and on ratings by other scouts who (SHOULD) have a better grasp on his up-side than I do. Having said that, Richardson is a QB in 'flux' at the moment.  He is definitely 'raw' and his apparent skills (talent) need to be assessed in the light of his moderate achievement at Florida.  He is NOT NFL ready (IMHO..), but because of his physical size and his apparent football talent, could make the jump easily if given the right environment and coaching.

So, pretty much everything you said, I agree with. I probably should move him down the list... Bag