Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-29-2023, 01:07 PM -
Here is an interesting bit of information. This is a spreadsheet that lists all 32 teams down the left side and 29 different evaluators across the top. Each team was given a letter draft grade by each evaluator, A thru F. Each letter grade is then translated to a numerical equivalent on the typical scale, where "A" is worth 4 points, etc., down to "F" which is worth 0. There are some pluses (+) and minuses (-) shown on the sheet which I ASSUME are scaled proportionally.

Nothing really earth-shattering here, but it is interesting how the teams drafts are perceived. The Carolina Panthers ended up at #13 with an overall GPA of 3.12. The Panthers scored with 7 A grades and 2 C grades. All the rest were variations on B grades.

The following image was lifted from Twitter. It was posted there by Rene Bugner...

I realize this image is fairly small, but should be legible if you expand it a little. YES... it's a thumbnail. Just click on it....

"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-29-2023, 04:54 PM -
Thanks man!
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
06-02-2023, 10:35 PM -
Interesting opinions, thanks. Proof will be in the pudding over the next couple years..: how our guys perform and taking into account our selection verses the selections afterwards as well.

I would be curious what ChatGPT do would say? One day I may take the plunge.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

06-02-2023, 11:02 PM -
(05-29-2023, 04:54 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Thanks man!

(06-02-2023, 10:35 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Interesting opinions, thanks. Proof will be in the pudding over the next couple years..: how our guys perform and taking into account our selection verses the selections afterwards as well.

I would be curious what ChatGPT do would say? One day I may take the plunge.

You're welcome...

What I find MOST interesting is.... The Panthers scored as high as they did and ended up at #13 overall....which surprised me because we drafted only five (5) players. A lot of these teams drafted seven (7) or more players...ie.. extra picks from trades and/or compensatory picks as well.  It's a LOT more difficult to score high when you have less units in the mix like the Panthers this year.

Anyway, as First said, we won't know much about these guys for AT LEAST one whole season, and two or more seasons makes it easier to discern who might (or might not..) make the grade and do well.

FIRST... I don't know anything about any of the GPT environments. I remember reading something about it a few months back, but...?? It is AI...Right.?? Supposed to be "high-level' language..??  How would you use this app the way you mentioned..???
Huh
This post was last modified: 06-02-2023, 11:09 PM by Hobbit99.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
06-03-2023, 12:44 PM -
I had to try. Lol. Here are the results:

I'm sorry, but as an AI language model, I don't have real-time information or the ability to browse the internet. My knowledge was last updated in September 2021, so I don't have access to the specific details of the 2023 NFL Draft results or the ability to rank them by team. I recommend checking reputable sports news sources or NFL official websites for the most up-to-date information on the draft.

Or simply visit Pantherfanz for the most accurate information.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

06-03-2023, 01:56 PM -
(06-03-2023, 12:44 PM)Firstchance Wrote: I had to try. Lol. Here are the results:

I'm sorry, but as an AI language model, I don't have real-time information or the ability to browse the internet. My knowledge was last updated in September 2021, so I don't have access to the specific details of the 2023 NFL Draft results or the ability to rank them by team. I recommend checking reputable sports news sources or NFL official websites for the most up-to-date information on the draft.

Or simply visit Pantherfanz for the most accurate information.

Hahaha...LOLOL.  Well done.!!  Worship Worship

Joker Big Grin