QUICKLY - CJ STROUD - FOR THOSE WHO CARE..??
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-05-2023, 04:36 PM -
Just a quick note here about CJ Stroud. Couldn't find another spot for it, so he gets his own spot....

A recent Panthers article spoke about Stroud in a bit of a backhanded manner. While concentrating on Bryce Young (of course..), they happened to mention Stroud and his VERY quick progress down in Houston. A couple of quotes from the article will give you some idea of the comparison between the two QBs.

Quote:Young said he's happy for Stroud's success as he earned NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month for September behind two 300-plus yard passing games and became the first player in NFL history to total 1,200-plus passing yards and no interceptions through his first four starts.
(The emphasis in the quote is mine.)

The article continued to "highlight" Youngs starting credentials.

Quote:Young hasn't had the smoothest start to the NFL. He missed Week 3 at Seattle while recovering from an ankle injury and hasn't won a game yet, completing 65 percent of his passes for 503 yards passing, two touchdowns, and two interceptions with 61 yards rushing and three fumbles.

The article is really about Bryce Young as you might imagine. It IS interesting that they would highlight Stroud's early accomplishments though.

Here is a link to the complete article:  Bryce Young -- Running His Own Race
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-05-2023, 08:12 PM -
Figured since this a post about a guy on another team I’ll leave this here…

Watching the bears/wft I realized something. I almost hate to say it, but I really miss DJ. Balling in the first half.
Josh21
Posting Freak

10-05-2023, 10:20 PM -
Now it’s worse. He’s a beast. Miss him. He had 200+ yards.

230… yards, 3td. Eww.

Sorry if I brought back bad feelings on the trade, but he’s a great receiver. That’s it. Miss him here.

Fields has a gem. Glad for them today, dominant.

Fields has a gem. Glad for them today, dominant.

Sorry if this was inappropriate chatter on the main page.

And I still double posted not meaning to. I’m a moron on a smartphone.
This post was last modified: 10-05-2023, 10:37 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-06-2023, 12:48 AM -
No problem, Josh.  Post whatever --> wherever

I just thought the masses of fans around here (LOL) would appreciate some CJ Stroud news. Especially since he's killing it down in Texans territory.  (Richardson is doing well too...).

**Stroud** = NFL all-time rookie record.  1200+ yds in first four games & ZERO Ints.  Just think .... Hmmm. I can see it now...
Quote: "... We coulda been somebody. We coulda been a contender".

***With apologies to Marlon Brando playing in On The Waterfront.  Back quite a few years ago... 1950s or thereabouts ?? .....  (This was way, WAY before ...The Godfather).

Tongue
This post was last modified: 10-06-2023, 12:54 AM by Hobbit99.
Josh21
Posting Freak

10-07-2023, 03:54 PM -
CJ’s doing great! Good for him.

We are not, gotta get better.
This post was last modified: 10-07-2023, 03:54 PM by Josh21.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-08-2023, 09:39 AM -
As you all know, CJ Stroud was MY favorite as our #1 overall pick this year, but that didn't happen, so I fully support Bryce Young.

That having been said, I feel bad for Young.  He looks defeated and lost.  

This "coaching staff" have placed him in the worst possible scenario.

I see now way we could hope to beat the Lions today unless the veteran Andy Dalton starts under center.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-08-2023, 11:18 AM -
(10-08-2023, 09:39 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: As you all know, CJ Stroud was MY favorite as our #1 overall pick this year, but that didn't happen, so I fully support Bryce Young.

That having been said, I feel bad for Young.  He looks defeated and lost.  

This "coaching staff" have placed him in the worst possible scenario.

I see now way we could hope to beat the Lions today unless the veteran Andy Dalton starts under center.

Yep, I fear you're right. I don't believe Reich will listen to any of us though... for reasons stated in the other thread.

HOWEVER... I couldn't help but notice Mr. Bond, you haven't got your predictions in for these next four games. This one (today) is on record. The next three are in the other thread. **** Panthers Predictions -- 4 Games At A Time
Joker