WEEK 6 -- DOLPHINS (LOSS) -- TAKEAWAYS...THOUGHTS.??
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-16-2023, 08:48 AM -
I missed a lot of the 1st half (live). After going back and re-watching it ..... Here are a few thoughts on the game.

** It ended pretty much like I thought it would. We actually scored one more TD than I thought, but our "D" had a 'Pick-6' so that was that.
** The missed FG was a surprise. He has been almost 'automatic' inside of 50 yds.
** Adam Thielen is the REAL DEAL. So glad we have him.
** Chark has a lot of upside. Wish he was more involved all of the time.
** Chuba Hubbard is AT LEAST as effective as Sanders, probably more effective.
** WHAT is the deal with Hayden Hurst.??  WHY are we not using that guy.?? Big, Strong, inside receiver. Good hands. Playmaker. THIS needs to change.
** Tommy Tremble has good hands. Could be a really good TE if he gets to play some more.
** I will admit that Bryce Young looked marginally better in this game. More decisive. Better throws. 2nd half was not as good.

** Brian Burns was a non-factor most of the game. He has turned into a Hot--Cold OLB. Liked him a lot better last year.
** Amare Barno needs to play more.
** Jeremy Chinn needs to play either STRONG Safety close to the box, or ILB. He's okay as a Nickel corner, but not really a fit as a FREE Safety or a CB.
** We NEED Shaq and Luvu on the field at full strength. Without them, our Run Defense is NOT good.

**  Special Teams continues to play football. By far, the best of the three phases.

Okay folks..... Hold forth. Tell me your thoughts on the game. 

Huh
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
10-16-2023, 05:04 PM -
Agree with what you said. I would be a little stronger about Hubbard looking like the better back. He has really improved.

I would add....no turnovers is a positive.

The fake punt...missing by a couple of inches was a big factor in the game. The Dolphins got the momentum and that was it.

Need a plan to help the oline in pass blocking. Bryce has taken a beating every week and been a very tough little feller.

Why are the refs not calling roughing the passer when it is obvious?
Firstchance

716 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-16-2023, 06:45 PM -
Two thoughtful and spot on opinions. I will however add my disappointment of our defensive leadership, in Burns and Brown. Did either even show up? I know our secondary was like a thirdary with all the injuries but I sorta expected those guys to show up and show off. NOT

Hubbard continues to impress however he really needs to get better with his pass protection, that put his grade at a B+ instead of an A-. But he has balled out a lot this season. Thielen on the other hand, once again brought it. He is fearless! Our best free agent signing in years, imo. As most always I applaud Frankie Luvu, the man plays full speed and strong week after week. Has anyone heard an update on his injury?
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-16-2023, 07:02 PM -
First...
Burns did NOT show up. I think he made it into the backfield one time -- well, he affected one play. Otherwise, another poor showing. He's VERY Hot & Cold. Brown still seems to me to be pretty "steady".... nothing spectacular.

Nothing new on Luvu of which I am aware. We'll know more in the next week or so I guess.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"