Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-19-2023, 08:54 PM -
Fbwow

Report: Terrace Marshall gets Panthers' permission to seek a trade (msn.com)

Panthers wide receiver Terrace Marshall is looking for a way out of Carolina, and the Panthers are willing to give him one.

The Panthers discussed the matter with Marshall's agent and gave Marshall permission to seek a trade, Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reports.

Marshall has been healthy all season but hasn't had much of an impact in the offense. In Week Five, Marshall was active and suited up for the Panthers' loss to the Lions but didn't get on the field for a single snap, then said afterward that he had "no clue" why the Panthers didn't put him in the game.

Marshall is under contract through 2024 with base salaries of $1.1 million this year and $1.4 million next year, so he's very affordable if a team thinks he can do more in a better offense than he's doing with the struggling Panthers.
This post was last modified: 10-19-2023, 08:55 PM by PantherFan007.
PantherFan007
Administrator

10-19-2023, 08:57 PM -
To be perfectly honest, I can't blame the guy, and I agree wholeheartedly. WHY didn't they put him in the game??? Because Bryce Young is playing scared. That's not a knock on him, but that's the simple truth. He isn't ready to be a starting quarterback in the NFL yet.
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
10-19-2023, 09:40 PM -
Frank saying he forgot about him...the week after he had a good game was beyond weird.  You would think there has to be more to the story.  Hope he convinces some team that he is worth something so we can get a decent trade. I do think in the right situation he will be good....or at least better.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-19-2023, 09:49 PM -
(10-19-2023, 09:40 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Frank saying he forgot about him...the week after he had a good game was beyond weird.  You would think there has to be more to the story.  Hope he convinces some team that he is worth something so we can get a decent trade. I do think in the right situation he will be good....or at least better.

EXACTLY... I'm not sure that he's' worth a lot, but anything is better than nothing. Plus we wouldn't have to pay him... Depending on how the deal was worked... Reich's excuse (forgetting..) is just that. An excuse. Had to say something.....  SMH..

Although, to be honest, I am more concerned by the complete lack of respect given to Hayden Hurst.  His lack of usage is BAFFLING.??? He is dynamic and full of fire.  AND absolutely fearless over the middle.  His playing time situation SHOULD be illegal.!!  This level of incompetence is seldom seen and represents just another indication of a failed coaching situation. Maybe Brown is coming in at just the right time..
Huh
This post was last modified: 10-19-2023, 10:14 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-19-2023, 10:52 PM -
Hurst seems to do a lot of the same things Theilen does. Hope they can get Hurst/Tremble/Sullivan involved too.

Hope TMJ well. If he stays I’m not disappointed at all.
This post was last modified: 10-19-2023, 11:33 PM by Josh21.
PantherFan007
Administrator

10-20-2023, 08:15 AM -
My problem is that Bryce only seems to have eyes for Theilen, and that isn't always a good thing.

And for Reich to say he "forgot about" Marshall? Sheesh, that boggles my mind.
OceanPanther

107 posts 12 threads Joined: Mar 2020
10-20-2023, 12:27 PM -
TMJ , under , now, 3 different coaches can't seem to find the field. Reich isn't the only head coach that hasn't called his number.
He's spent a lot of time in the training room or injured. What ever it is, he hasn't performed here. Blame it on all the coaches, the quarterbacks , etc, but he is not preforming.
I'm not sure what he's even worth in compensation.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-20-2023, 04:17 PM -
(10-20-2023, 08:15 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: My problem is that Bryce only seems to have eyes for Theilen, and that isn't always a good thing. 

And for Reich to say he "forgot about" Marshall?  Sheesh, that boggles my mind.

Reich has said a few things like that, that make me think he’s drinking on the job or something.  “I forgot Thielan was taken out of the game, and I called a play only he could run, so I had to take a timeout, that’s on me”

“I forgot about TMJ”

“I didn’t pay attention to their timeouts, and I took one…” etc.

(Last one may have been Sean Payton, but it COULD HAVE been Reich, with his excuses)