PANTHERS' FRANKIE LUVU NAMED NFC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK!
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-02-2023, 01:50 PM -
Well done, pundits!  Luvu deserves tons of love!  All the dude does is make plays!

Frankie Luvu named NFC defensive player of the week (panthers.com)

CHARLOTTE — Frankie Luvu wanted to show off for his mother, and he did it in a major way last week.

And the league recognized him for it Wednesday, as he was named NFC defensive player of the week for the show he put on in last week's win over the Texans.

Luvu had a team-high 12 tackles and a sack of CJ Stroud as the Panthers held the rookie quarterback to just 140 passing yards (his lowest total of the season, as he was averaging 276.7 per game in his first six).

Luvu also had two tackles for loss, a quarterback hit, and broke up two passes on the day, leading a defense that entered the game short-handed because of injuries.

"He was incredible," Panthers head coach Frank Reich said. "I mean, he was a beast. I didn't know it was that many tackles, but a couple of passes defended. Plays that are probably going to be first downs. That one third down right there, he makes a great tip. I think he had two passes defended in that as well.

"Just an all-around great game by Frankie."
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-02-2023, 02:58 PM -
YES...

I think Luvu actually had three pass-breakups. IIRC..

Luvu es el señor !!

Worship Worship
This post was last modified: 11-02-2023, 03:02 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
11-02-2023, 05:50 PM -
Love that Luvu got the recognition.  How awesome that his mother got to see him play for the 1st time.  His energy on the field is great and he seems to be gaining more and more  confidence.  Panthers got him originally for peanuts...right?  Going to get paid now and it better be by the Panthers.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-02-2023, 08:32 PM -
Can so hope it’s by the Panthers. He IS the heartbeat of the defense.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-02-2023, 11:01 PM -
Agreed!
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
11-05-2023, 10:14 AM -
(11-02-2023, 01:50 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Well done, pundits!  Luvu deserves tons of love!  All the dude does is make plays!

Frankie Luvu named NFC defensive player of the week (panthers.com)

CHARLOTTE — Frankie Luvu wanted to show off for his mother, and he did it in a major way last week.

And the league recognized him for it Wednesday, as he was named NFC defensive player of the week for the show he put on in last week's win over the Texans.

Luvu had a team-high 12 tackles and a sack of CJ Stroud as the Panthers held the rookie quarterback to just 140 passing yards (his lowest total of the season, as he was averaging 276.7 per game in his first six).

Luvu also had two tackles for loss, a quarterback hit, and broke up two passes on the day, leading a defense that entered the game short-handed because of injuries.

"He was incredible," Panthers head coach Frank Reich said. "I mean, he was a beast. I didn't know it was that many tackles, but a couple of passes defended. Plays that are probably going to be first downs. That one third down right there, he makes a great tip. I think he had two passes defended in that as well.

"Just an all-around great game by Frankie."

"Luvu also became the second player in Panthers’ history with three games of 10 or more tackles, a sack and two tackles for loss. The other is Luke Kuechly, one of the Panthers’ iconic players.

“I can’t say enough good things about (Luvu). He epitomizes everything you want in a football player,” Evero said. “He’s tough. He’s smart. He plays with great effort. He plays with great physicality. He’s a great teammate. And he’s had a number of games this year where you could say, ‘Wow.’”

That Luvu’s latest wow game came while playing through a hip pointer –"

https://theathletic.com/5026028/2023/11/...inebacker/