Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-15-2024, 08:57 PM -
This kind of surprises me (that he would leave Seattle while his dad is still there), but let's see what you've got sonny!

Panthers Hire Son of Pete Carroll as Pass Game Coordinator (msn.com)

The Carolina Panthers have filled the remaining spots on their coaching staff for the 2024 season.

The team announced Thursday afternoon that they have hired Nate Carroll, the son of former Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll, as the team's pass game coordinator.

Carroll has spent his entire coaching career on his father's staff in Seattle, getting his start as a defensive assistant in 2011. He made this switch to offensive assistant in 2013 and has remained on that side of the ball ever since. Carroll will reunite with Panthers head coach Dave Canales and offensive coordinator Brad Idzik, each of whom spent time in Seattle.

The Panthers also announced the hires of Will Harriger (quarterbacks), Pat McPherson (tight ends), Keli'i Kekuewa (assistant offensive line), Daren Bates (special teams assistant), and Scott Cooper (director of coaching development).
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
02-15-2024, 09:57 PM -
His dad was  "gently" canned.  I am sure the all new staff was not comfortable for him.  He must like the new Carolina guys and time to build his own resume.

Welcome to Carolina Nate.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-16-2024, 10:38 AM -
(02-15-2024, 09:57 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: His dad was  "gently" canned.  I am sure the all new staff was not comfortable for him.  He must like the new Carolina guys and time to build his own resume.

I think you have it exactly right. Pete Carrol might still be there, but it's essentially a NON-position of some sort. Nate was probably more like a left-handed monkey wrench there in Seattle. Needed to move to restart his career.

As a separate 'thing', Pete Carrol was a good coach. He deserved a better fate -- IMHO.  Here's hoping Nate picks up in the same manner his dad used in Seattle.

Welcome, Nate. Show us what you got.!!
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-16-2024, 03:12 PM -
(02-15-2024, 09:57 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: His dad was  "gently" canned.  I am sure the all new staff was not comfortable for him.  He must like the new Carolina guys and time to build his own resume.

Very well put.  I personally was shocked that Pete didn't get a Head Coaching gig elsewhere.  He was better than a bunch who were hired.