Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-11-2024, 03:19 PM -
Making him the 2nd highest paid Guard in the League.

Robert Hunt - Miami Dolphins - Offensive Tackle (on3.com)

The Carolina Panthers are making a huge investment in their offensive line in free agency this week. The team is reportedly signing free agent guard Robert Hunt to a five-year deal worth $100 million, according to Mike Garafolo. He’ll be one of the highest-paid guards in the league after Landon Dickerson set a new mark of $21 million per year with the Eagles on Monday.

Hunt has played the entirety of his career with the Miami Dolphins so far. He’s started 55 of 61 games played over the first four years of his career. Though he’s played some right tackle, he’s mainly started as the right guard for Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa. He was the Dolphins’ second-round draft pick out of Louisiana in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Fbwow
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-11-2024, 05:19 PM -
He’s a top 10 guard, that’s huge. People are saying we had to pay the “trash tax” which means overpay because we are so bad.

Honestly, I’m happy with it to bolster a VERY POOR line. A good line can hide poor receivers much like a good D line can hide poor CBs.

We cannot sign everyone, and protecting the QB MUST be the priori-T
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
03-11-2024, 05:43 PM -
A good line helps the rb's, receivers, and QB.  Sounds like a valuable place to invest instead of bargain bin shopping.  I like the aggressiveness and the statement of this move. Dan means business so far.
PantherFan007
Administrator

03-11-2024, 08:53 PM -
It's a done deal. Panthers agree to terms. WELCOME TO CAROLINA!

The Panthers agreed to terms with Dolphins guard Robert Hunt, according to the team’s website on Monday.

Panthers to cut center Bradley Bozeman, sources tell ESPN

Hunt must pass a physical before the deal can be finalized at the start of the league year on Wednesday.

“The 27-year-old Hunt would a massive void for the Panthers since they had to play seven different left guards and eight different right guards,” the Panthers stated.

The 6-foot-6, 330-pound Hunt was a second-round pick of the Dolphins in 2020 out of Louisiana-Lafayette.
PantherFan007
Administrator

03-11-2024, 08:54 PM -
(03-11-2024, 05:19 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: He’s a top 10 guard, that’s huge.  People are saying we had to pay the “trash tax” which means overpay because we are so bad.

Honestly, I’m happy with it to bolster a VERY POOR line.  A good line can hide poor receivers much like a good D line can hide poor CBs. 

We cannot sign everyone, and protecting the QB MUST be the priori-T

Anything to help the O-Line is a positive in my book.