Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

3 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-13-2024, 04:54 AM -
The earlier report about Jeremy Chinn leaving has been validated.  Chinn has apparently agreed to a contract for around $5M annually.  The Commanders have their top FA, S Kamren Curl, still unsigned.  It now looks as if Jeremy Chinn will take his place.

From The Athletic:
Quote:Commanders agree to terms with hybrid DB Jeremy Chinn to shore up safety position.

When adding free agents, the Washington Commanders are in can’t stop, won’t stop mode. The 12th agreement — 11 since the legal tampering period began Monday — brings the first defensive back of the bunch in former Carolina Panthers safety Jeremy Chinn, a league source confirmed to The Athletic.

Chinn, the 2020 Defensive Rookie of the Year runner-up to Chase Young, agreed to a one-year deal up to $5.1 million. The Athletic ranked the hybrid defender 29th on the top 150 list.

How he fits

Washington’s defensive makeover continues with a safety skilled in coverage who tackles with power. The initial wonder is where head coach Dan Quinn and defensive coordinator Joe Whitt Jr. seek to deploy the 6-foot-3, 220-pound Chinn. There’s no questioning whether he’s the type of assertive presence the staff covets while forging a new defensive identity. He will sometimes play behind or alongside another ex-Panther, linebacker Frankie Luvu.
https://theathletic.com/5337198/2024/03/...ee-agency/
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-13-2024, 11:10 AM -
BOOOOOO!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OceanPanther

107 posts 12 threads Joined: Mar 2020
03-14-2024, 09:36 AM -
I've always bought into the Chinn hype. But in 4 years , in my opinion, he's not been the magical player we thought he'd be. No matter the defensive coordinator , he's not flurished. Many of us thought he;d used like Thomas Davis out of college and eventually be a linebacker.. Never materialized..

Loved him as a team player, but he never was what I thought he'd be.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-14-2024, 01:04 PM -
(03-14-2024, 09:36 AM)OceanPanther Wrote: I've always bought into the Chinn hype.  But in 4 years , in my opinion, he's not been the magical player we thought he'd be.  No matter the defensive coordinator , he's not flurished.  Many of us thought he;d used like Thomas Davis out of college and eventually be a linebacker..  Never materialized..

Loved him as a team player,  but he never was what I thought he'd be.

TRUTH...

I thought he would be 'da bomb' as a Safety in the box. Nope. Just an average 'no-name' guy disappearing into the "ground-clutter". He was small, light, as a Middle Backer. But maybe could have made a difference there, if he managed to stay healthy.  Oh well..... We'll see what he does in Washington.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"