Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-13-2024, 11:12 AM -
I'm a fan from his Gamecocks days, but he is not the JC of old.    He still has talent and athleticism, but he's also up in years and has had some notable injuries.

VISITS
  • OLB Jadeveon Clowney will be visiting with the Panthers this week, NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo reported.

I guess if you look at his stats, he hasn't missed what I would call a ton of games in the past several years.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=57]
This post was last modified: 03-13-2024, 11:18 AM by PantherFan007.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-13-2024, 03:17 PM -
Clowney has always been sort of a polarizing figure, at least to me. He can be aggressive and very effective, OR he can just disappear into the background. There is no doubt that Clowney has the tools.... But does he have the "desire"..??  IF we were to sign him (and it's a big IF..), I would hope that Ejiro Evero could remake him into a sort of "renaissance man". We could definitely use the help.... But at what cost..??

He's had a few years of "down" production, but LAST year looked pretty good. Maybe there is a resurgence in the coming year..??
This post was last modified: 03-13-2024, 03:20 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
03-13-2024, 05:21 PM -
(03-13-2024, 03:17 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Clowney has always been sort of a polarizing figure, at least to me. He can be aggressive and very effective, OR he can just disappear into the background. There is no doubt that Clowney has the tools.... But does he have the "desire"..??  IF we were to sign him (and it's a big IF..), I would hope that Ejiro Evero could remake him into a sort of "renaissance man". We could definitely use the help.... But at what cost..??

He's had a few years of "down" production, but LAST year looked pretty good. Maybe there is a resurgence in the coming year..??

I agree.  He is definitely up and down...with a lot of down. He did well in Baltimore but wants more money than the Ravens want to give. The Ravens paid him $2.5 mil last year and that included a roster bonus and some incentives.  I think anything he gets should have a lot of incentives.  If he wants someone to just pay him I do not see that happening  and doubt the Panthers do either.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-13-2024, 05:40 PM -
Please NO NO NO… do you think I don’t want him.