PANTHERS ARE HOSTING 2024 NFL DRAFT PROSPECT RB 2024 NFL Draft class, JONATHAN BROOKS
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-22-2024, 09:58 PM -
It is said that Brooks could be the "next Christian McCaffrey".  

The Carolina Panther have sorely missed Christian McCaffrey since they traded him to the San Francisco 49ers in October of 2022. Since his departure the Panthers have posted an 8-20 win-loss record and McCaffrey's replacements have been pretty awful. The team clearly needs to continue building around Bryce Young, so who should they target at running back in this upcoming NFL Draft?

According to Ryan Fowler of Bleacher Report the Carolina Panthers are set to host one of the top running back prospects in the 2024 NFL Draft class, Jonathon Brooks (Texas).

Jonathon Brooks waited patiently behind first round pick and Atlanta Falcons running back Bijan Robinson for two years before being given the reins at feature back for Texas Football. When he did step onto the field in 2021 and 2022 Brooks always flashed incredible potential, averaging over seven yards per touch, but few predicted his truly special 2023 season.

Before going down with a torn ACL last November, Brooks racked up over 1400 yards from scrimmage in less than 11 games. He caught 25 passes. Scored eleven touchdowns. He was an absolute monster in every facet of the game. Had he stayed healthy through the College Football Playoff run with Texas, Brooks easily could have surpassed 2000 yards from scrimmage on the year.

According to multiple reports, Brooks' recovery from ACL surgery has him on pace to be ready by NFL training camp this summer. If he drops to the Panthers early third round pick (like large sample mock draft data suggests is very possible) he should be the easy selection there.
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
03-23-2024, 10:48 AM -
3rd round would be great.  Besides being very good running the ball he can catch out of the backfield. That, i believe, is an important skill for the RB. One more thing for the D to have to worry about and a nice safety valve for Bryce.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-23-2024, 11:26 AM -
(03-23-2024, 10:48 AM)Ladypanther Wrote: 3rd round would be great.  Besides being very good running the ball he can catch out of the backfield. That, i believe, is an important skill for the RB. One more thing for the D to have to worry about and a nice safety valve for Bryce.

Yeah, and after watching a bunch more of his highlights, I can see the similarity between him and CMC, especially his quick run-turn-and-catch.  He has good vision and stregnth, and if we can get him in the third round, that would be a huge win for us.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-23-2024, 01:05 PM -
Wouldn’t mind seeing him on our team at all.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-23-2024, 04:14 PM -
Hmm...  Huh

Another ACL guy..!  Does it seem like we've been shopping at the Orthopedic Hospital this year.??  This is the third (or fourth.??) guy we've looked at that is in the recovery phase from an ACL.. I think we've "signed" two.!!

He looks good, but he's not as quick in and out of breaks as McCaffrey. Lots of shorter and mid-zone plays. Fewer breakaways. More power..??? Maybe..??

Because he's a RB, and because of his injury, I think he will be available after the 3rd sometime.  Someone to watch for certain.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"