Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-31-2024, 03:57 PM -
Goodness... I've never seen this place so dead..  What happened.??  Is someone playing Whack-A-Mole and everyone is scared to stick their head up..???

Well...

Happy Easter everyone.  Hope you're all well and happy and blessed this day.

Smile Angel
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-31-2024, 05:46 PM -
Happy Easter.

After last year I am cautiously optimistic we have no idea what we are doing. Seeing some glints of promis. New coach, 3 years in a row. Holding my optimism. I like our signings. Hope we draft well. No idea of what we’ll need.

I want competitive. Hard to asses now.

Not negative, just unsure.
This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 05:47 PM by Josh21.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-01-2024, 09:05 AM -
Happy Belated Easter. Had a heck of a whirlwind weekend. Busy busy busy. Hope everyone's weekend was great!

By the way, no news is (sometimes) good news :)
This post was last modified: 04-01-2024, 09:05 AM by PantherFan007.
OceanPanther

107 posts 12 threads Joined: Mar 2020
04-01-2024, 11:03 AM -
Happy Easter to all .. the gift that keeps on giving.

Yeah. Easter Weekend, NCAA Tournament. Beautiful weather ( at least on the coast ) where golf and beaches were packed ,, thes will keep some off line .

It's 3 plus weeks till the next big NFL action.. Draft April 25 .. That doesn't mean that Dan Morgan won't be still trying to build this team.

Personally I think we should keep our two current 2nd round picks. We need too much. I hope we don't try to trade into the first round ( unless it's stupid not to,, like trading a 2nd and 7th for someones pick below 20th lol )
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-03-2024, 05:35 PM -
Wonder if the quietness is possibly because we still have Bryce Young?

I have liked the majority of the moves we have made, certainly not all. But, I keep coming back to Young and it is depressing.
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
04-03-2024, 06:31 PM -
(04-03-2024, 05:35 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Wonder if the quietness is possibly because we still have Bryce Young?

I have liked the majority of the moves we have made, certainly not all. But, I keep coming back to Young and it is depressing.

All is good FC.  This is the year we will find out if we can move forward with Bryce or move on from him.  That's why Canales is here.  Of course I am hoping for the best.  Bryce should of course look better.......heck...he had some really good plays last year and [sadly] proved he can take a beating.  Bryce blamed no one else for his lack of success but there seem to be quite a few players speaking up on his behalf.  If Bryce does not improve...the plan will be clear for next year.  With Morgan and Canales I am positive about this team. (as long as the Teppers back off and let them do their jobs).
Firstchance

04-04-2024, 11:48 AM -
I can’t even discuss it now, so pissed
According to multiple reports, the Panthers will send the Bears the ninth overall pick in this year's draft, the late second-rounder acquired from the 49ers (61st overall), along with next year's first-round pick, a 2025 second-rounder, and wide receiver DJ Moore to get to the No. 1 overall choice in this year's draft. The deal won't be official until the start of the league year next Wednesday.

These were my words from last year and BEFORE the selection became Young!!! I had thoroughly studied all qb’s and even made the remark that young would be the biggest bust ever and would set a franchise back years, little did I know or even think that franchise would be us …and that this year would be the year to draft a qb.

Well guess what we gave away the farm to get a bust and now this year we don’t have a chance to get one of the five QB’s who will most likely soon be pro bowlers and possibly a couple even future hall of famers.

So I’m feeling bummed and I don’t think any offensive mind coach, anyone whatsoever will ever make a real franchise qb out of young. And next years QB draft will be worse than last years. This draft might be the best qb draft ever and we screwed it all up.

But I HOPE that I am very wrong and that you will be correct. However, this is why I’m not all over the place making comments about every single move. Just bummed as I see zero HOPE.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-04-2024, 01:09 PM -
Welp, we came out of the gate like a pan of flat biscuits last season. And it's hard to make chicken salad out of chicken s#!t.

Two things to keep in mind;

1. We had the most horrible O-Line I have ever seen last season. Tom Brady would have quit mid-season if it had been him.

2. There is zero chance that Bryce Young is as bad as the O-Line made him look. How many times was he sacked, a hundred?? Two hundred? And he got up and came right back on the field again.

3. (yeah, I know I said "TWO"), we cannot go back and change anything so we have to be hopeful for the future. I was praying, as I said a gazillion times, that we would pick CJ Stroud, not Bryce Young, but Young does have talent when given a good offensive line, receivers who can get open, and coaches who know how to gameplan in his favor.
This post was last modified: 04-04-2024, 01:09 PM by PantherFan007.
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
04-04-2024, 05:27 PM -
(04-04-2024, 11:48 AM)Firstchance Wrote: I can’t even discuss it now, so pissed
According to multiple reports, the Panthers will send the Bears the ninth overall pick in this year's draft, the late second-rounder acquired from the 49ers (61st overall), along with next year's first-round pick, a 2025 second-rounder, and wide receiver DJ Moore to get to the No. 1 overall choice in this year's draft. The deal won't be official until the start of the league year next Wednesday.

These were my words from last year and BEFORE the selection became Young!!! I had thoroughly studied all qb’s and even made the remark that young would be the biggest bust ever and would set a franchise back years, little did I know or even think that franchise would be us …and that this year would be the year to draft a qb.

Well guess what we gave away the farm to get a bust and now this year we don’t have a chance to get one of the five QB’s who will most likely soon be pro bowlers and possibly a couple even future hall of famers.

So I’m feeling bummed and I don’t think any offensive mind coach, anyone whatsoever will ever make a real franchise qb out of young.  And next years QB draft will be worse than last years. This draft might be the best qb draft ever and we screwed it all up.

But I HOPE that I am very wrong and that you will be correct. However, this is why I’m not all over the place making comments about every single move. Just bummed as I see zero HOPE.

Last year was awful and terrible decisions were made.  The season was miserable. No doubt about that. Given the generally awful team and coaching, Stroud may as well have looked terrible had he been the pick. It was definitely a clusterf.  Thankfully a lot of changes have been made.  I do not expect a SB team, just want to see some improvement.  Plus...this is entertainment...being a little positive at this time of year works for me.
Firstchance

04-05-2024, 07:58 AM -
Believe me, I seriously hope that y’all are correct and I am totally wrong. Nothing would make me happier. It’s just not the feeling that I can attest to a this time.