Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Firstchance
Posting Freak

756 posts 84 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-01-2024, 08:53 PM -
Based on the video’s I have seen…. Ugh… we still have Bryce and the OL
is still bad but is that on Bryce? Clowney looked good. See now what happens next week.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,001 posts 559 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-02-2024, 03:10 AM -
FAN FEST OBSERVATIONS FROM PANTHERS...

https://www.panthers.com/news/fan-fest-o...-penalties

Quote:CLEMSON, SC— It took Dave Canales approximately 15 seconds to address what he felt was the elephant in the room.
"We had a bunch of pre-snap penalties," the coach said, following the Panthers mock scrimmage during Fan Fest on Thursday night. "We got to address that."

"We got to make sure that we, whether it's the cadence or we going early, whatever the thing is, we got to talk through that," Canales said. "But it was very sloppy."

"That's part of the fans being here and creating that extra energy," Canales said. "A little bit of that, you know, that game day excitement that might have gotten to some guys, so we needed that for sure, just to get a litmus test of where we're at because we'll be playing another game in about a week here."

"Protection wise, we got to do better up front just in terms of just making sure we're getting our leverage. Quarterbacks, making their plays on the run, which we know is going to happen. That happens when you have penalties early in the downs," Canales explained as to why the offense stalled so much in the first half. "Now we have to throw it a little bit to try to get half back and now we make ourselves vulnerable. That's not the intent. That's not the heart of what we do."

"The heart of what we do is we're efficient on first and second down with our runs, our play actions, we have favorable third downs. And that formula works. It didn't show up all night, but we had a couple of drives where it did surface."

In turn, the pre-snap penalties and flow—and subsequent offensive production—effected what Bryce Young was able to show in his first action under the new offense. Asked to evaluate his quarterback's performance, Canales pulled a contemplative frown and answered, "I would say good. I would say good, not great."

On the last play of Young's last drive, he faked the handoff, stood strong in the pocket despite pressure, and made contact with Adam Thielen just as the veteran receiver broke free for a wide-open touchdown.

"I keep preaching finish and that type of finish on the last drive to see it all come together…that was great to see."
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,299 posts 742 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-02-2024, 06:34 AM -
Yeah, Dave, everything sounds and looks good on paper, it's when they hit the field that it really counts. Now whip this team into shape and let's win some freaking football games, for crying out loud!
OceanPanther

151 posts 17 threads Joined: Mar 2020
08-03-2024, 09:18 AM -
Fan Fest in Clemson SC .. You move the training camp to Charlotte , then go to Clemson U for Fan Fest. We still have some very bad decisions being made in the front office.
From the few pictures I've seen, the stadium looked ,,,, empty . Like, people in their cars were driving by,, and said,, what's going on over there, lets go look.

What 007 said. " Now whip this team into shape and let's win some freaking football games, for crying out loud!"

No we don't have to win exhibition games.. but we need to look like a professional football team.
I'm not hearing a lot of great things about players in preseason workouts.

Are y'all hearing good things ? I'm on the coast and we have little to no coverage of the Panthers.
Ladypanther

611 posts 115 threads Joined: Oct 2023
08-03-2024, 11:58 AM -
(08-03-2024, 09:18 AM)OceanPanther Wrote: Fan Fest  in Clemson  SC ..    You move the training camp to Charlotte ,  then go to Clemson U  for Fan Fest.  We still have some very bad decisions being made in the front office. 
From the few pictures I've seen,  the stadium looked ,,,, empty . Like,  people in their cars were driving by,, and said,, what's going on over there, lets go look.

What 007 said.  " Now whip this team into shape and let's win some freaking football games, for crying out loud!"

No we don't have to win exhibition games..  but we need to look like a professional football team.
I'm not hearing a lot of great things about players in preseason workouts.   

Are y'all hearing good things ?  I'm on the coast and we have little to no coverage of the Panthers.

We've heard great things from training cap in years past and it did not translate to the reg season so am not putting to much stock in anything now.  However...it does sound like Mingo and TM are showing some signs of life. Clowney sounds like a diff maker...and they like the rookie LB from UK.  Apparently fanfest was full of pre snap penalties. Getting rid of those a priority.  Dave said Bryce was good but not great Thurs night. 

Last year in preseason, the oline looked like crap...which was downplayed by the team...but then they looked like crap throughout the season.  That is one of the main things I am looking for in preseason games.  Also...it is still a question as to whether the D can get to the QB.  I don't think Burns is a good as he thinks he is but we need some players to step up there.  I think with all the injuries (and lack of offense) Evero did a great job last year.  With some players in the 2nd year of his D...and hopefully some healthy bodies, hoping to see some good things there.

And...seems XL and rookie TE Sanders need some time adjusting to the NFL.
This post was last modified: 08-03-2024, 12:00 PM by Ladypanther.