Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-29-2021, 06:48 AM -
Six more players have been cut, in addition to Joey Slye, prior to Tuesday's mandatory cut to 53 players.

https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-p...re-players

CHARLOTTE — The Panthers made six more cuts Saturday, in addition to the previously reported waiver of kicker Joey Slye.

The team waived tackle Martez Ivey, wide receiver Ishmael Hyman, linebacker Paddy Fisher, and linebacker Jonathan Celestin, waived-injured running back Darius Clark, and released veteran safety Doug Middleton.

That puts the roster at 71 players.

They have to be at 53 at Tuesday afternoon, meaning 18 more players will have to be removed from the roster in the coming days.
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-29-2021, 08:07 AM -
Time of change.

We'll lose whoever those 18 are plus we have some quite weak areas. So we'll lose a few more as we hopefully find a few gems from other teams.

Also a time of gain. I'm expecting to see some of our old friends popping back up on the forum any time now. I know Ocean Panther sometimes likes to quietly snoop around here and other forums before chiming in. They're all likely going through the same 'OK, I'm back into football' feeling that we are.