Difference makers
Started by BlackCatzFan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-01-2021, 09:37 AM -
So, I still feel our offense is offensive.  There’s no smoke and mirrors there, we played against a bad defense.  HOWEVER:

Shaq Thompson’s presence in the defense is hugely noticeable.  I’ve personally been underwhelmed by him in the past, but man, when he’s out.  People run all over us.  When he is in, and assignments are needing adjusted, he’s the guy who’s back there doing it.  He’s no Luke, but I see a Davis Lite.  Remember, it took TD a few years to get to great status too. 

Cam Erving is our only acceptable starter outside of Moton on the line.  He’s not great, but he’s so much better than the rest on the left.  Confused

Also:  of all of our acquisitions this season, I’m most happy about Stephon Gilmore.  He will continue to be good, just watch.  

No Super Bowl thinking from me, I’m not a Dallas fan. “This is our yearrrr” :rollseyes:
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-02-2021, 10:17 PM -
I would say MJ is doing well on the o line. Shaq usually runs the d calls n checks. Missed that man! Gilmore, 1 game, 1 game sealing int. Wow. Pretty decent 1st game. Burns n reddick are tearing it up on the edge, the idl is mostly holding up, save 2 games. Along with a lil Luvu. Can’t skip Chinn.

We just drop the ball too much n forget the run on o games at a time.

Zaynes been steady at k.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-04-2021, 05:18 PM -
The thing about Shaq (and many other under-heralded players) is that their volume of work is often hidden underneath the fact that they have to do so much to cover up other people's lack of production. That happens to Shaq a lot. He has to do so much that it often leaves him looking like he isn't doing anything because he's trying to do everything.