Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

66 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-06-2022, 01:18 PM -
Just for general interest....

The most recent news around the FA market (for the Panthers..) has Raashan Melvin and Justin Burris re-signed with the Panthers. In addition to Jermaine Carter Jr. and Stephon Gilmore, the Panthers have lost Alex Erickson to the Washington Commanders recently.

If my count is correct, the Panthers still have a total of five players remaining on the FA list. Those players are: Lachlan Edwards, John Miller, Cam Newton, Matt Paradis, and Trent Scott. I will update the list one more time fairly soon. Then will let it slowly sit in repose---unless one of those guys makes a deal somewhere or something of note happens.!!
Joker
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-06-2022, 03:08 PM -
(05-06-2022, 01:18 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Just for general interest....

The most recent news around the FA market (for the Panthers..) has Raashan Melvin and Justin Burris re-signed with the Panthers. In addition to Jermaine Carter Jr. and Stephon Gilmore, the Panthers have lost Alex Erickson to the Washington Commanders recently.

If my count is correct, the Panthers still have a total of five players remaining on the FA list. Those players are: Lachlan Edwards, John Miller, Cam Newton, Matt Paradis, and Trent Scott. I will update the list one more time fairly soon. Then will let it slowly sit in repose---unless one of those guys makes a deal somewhere or something of note happens.!!
Joker

Thanks, Hobbit.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

05-06-2022, 07:36 PM -
(05-06-2022, 03:08 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 01:18 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Just for general interest....

Joker

Thanks, Hobbit.

YEP...Welcome
Fbthumb
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

05-08-2022, 11:12 AM -
UPDATED TO INCLUDE STATUS OF:  Stephon Gilmore; Jermaine Carter Jr.; Alex Erickson; Raashan Melvin and Justin Burris...AND Trent Scott

Ameer Abdullah--GONE--GONE---Signed With Las Vegas  Raiders
Justin Burris--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Re-sign Justin Burris (Official Announcement)
Jermaine Carter Jr.--GONE--GONE---Signed with Kansas City Chiefs
Sean Chandler--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Retain Chandler (Official Announcement)
Lachlan Edwards--  ***UNSIGNED TO THIS DATE***
Alex Erickson--GONE--GONE---Signed with Washington Commanders
Stephon Gilmore--GONE--GONE---Signed with Indianapolis Colts
Zane Gonzalez--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Extend Zane Gonzalez (Official Announcement)
Marquis Haynes Sr.--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Retain Marquis Haynes Sr. (Official Announcement)
Donte Jackson--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Re-sign Donte Jackson (Official Announcement)
J.J. Jansen--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Agree to Terms With Jansen (Official Announcement)
DaQuan Jones--GONE--GONE---Signed with Buffalo Bills
Frankie Luvu--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE:  Panthers Retain Luvu (Official Announcement)
Raashan Melvin--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Re-sign Rashaan Melvin (Official Announcement)
John Miller--  ***UNSIGNED TO THIS DATE***
Cam Newton--  ***UNSIGNED TO THIS DATE***
Matt Paradis--  ***UNSIGNED TO THIS DATE***
Haason Reddick--GONE--GONE---Signed with Philadelphia Eagles
Trent Scott--GONE--GONE---Signed with Pittsburgh Steelers
Julian Stanford--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE:  Panthers Extend Stanford (Official Announcement)
Ian Thomas--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE:  Panthers Re-sign Thomas (Official Announcement)
Brandon Zylstra--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE:  Panthers Retain Zylstra (Official Announcement)

UPDATED THURSDAY, 6-2-22
This post was last modified: 06-02-2022, 12:55 PM by Hobbit99.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

06-02-2022, 12:41 PM -
Just staying up to date here.....  Two FA deals to add to the 'pot'.  

The Panthers have waived FA DE Joe Jackson. Jackson was signed in February.

The Panthers have signed UDFA DE Drew Jordan.

See more 'info' in new thread about Defensive Ends.....
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

06-02-2022, 03:37 PM -
Panthers Free Agent, Trent Scott, has jumped and signed (finally..) with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

By my count, that leaves just four Panthers FAs left on the board. Those four are: Cam Newton, Lachlan Edwards, Matt Paradis, and John Miller. That means we have lost seven FAs to other teams. With the number of FAs we have signed this year, and the quality, I suspect that we will NOT be receiving any compensatory picks next year.!!!

Of course.... What do I know..??

To see the FA counts and what happened to them, take a look at the 'chart' above. It shows all of the Panthers FAs and their eventual disposition.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

06-06-2022, 12:49 PM -
KEITH KIRKWOOD..  Added back to roster..

Wide Receiver, Keith Kirkwood  has been officially "brought back" to the roster. Kirkwood was never listed as one of the FAs for this year. That is probably because his contract finished up and he was on the practice squad.

Anyway, Kirkwood has been with the Panthers the past two seasons.... mostly on the Practice Squad. He played in a couple of games last year and caught a total of three passes. On the roster, he will take the place of one of the UDFAs that were signed recently. Kirkwood was part of the 'injury history' for the Panthers the last two years.