QB DILEMMA...Should the Panthers pursue a trade for Jimmy Garoppolo.??
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-02-2022, 05:32 PM -
Well... It's not definite, but according to recent exit interviews Jimmy G is looking for a home. He has done well for the 49ers and is a true CLASS ACT. His last statement said something about SF and his agent looking for a good partner. He wants to go somewhere to a team that wants to win.  Sounds like the Panthers MIGHT be a good solution.

Garoppolo is 30 y.o. so he has a few good years left. He has stayed relatively healthy and has played at a high level when given the opportunity. IF the Panthers decided to bring him in, how would it affect the QB room.? Who would leave/stay.? Can we afford another journeyman QB.?

SO  PANTHERSFANZ,  What do you think.??
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-07-2022, 03:11 PM -
Yes, yes, and more yes.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

03-23-2022, 03:16 PM -
Well..... After several weeks of 'Wheeling and Dealing' the talk returns to QBs and what if anything the Panthers are going to do this off-season. With most of the Free Agent QBs firmly settled in their new homes, there remains only a couple of options (maybe..??) worthy of consideration for the Panthers roster. The idea of adding Jimmy Garoppolo to the QB room has been mentioned several times and the Panthers have and are considering it. After the recent statement that specifically dismissed the idea of trading for Baker Mayfield, this may be one of the final options left available. 

Here is a recent piece of prognostication fronted by the Gurus at Sports Illustrated. They seem to offer a renewed sense of purpose (possibility..??) that this could happen. I'm NOT convinced, but anything is possible. So, for your viewing pleasure...

SPORTS ILLUSTRATED:  Jimmy Garoppolo Trade to Panthers

AND ALSO--This: Garoppolo--Darnold Trade.???     (This is a little bit of a comedic reaction.!!)
This post was last modified: 03-23-2022, 03:34 PM by Hobbit99.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-23-2022, 11:29 PM -
No. Two middling qbs w/ big contracts would feel redundant. Maybe a rook, but I expect Darnold n pj to go this year. He’s got a better ol n possibly wr room than last year. Maybe te. If cmc is healthy go fella! An actual weapon b/s Moore. We will see.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

03-24-2022, 06:20 AM -
(03-23-2022, 11:29 PM)Josh21 Wrote: No.  Two middling qbs w/ big contracts would feel redundant.  Maybe a rook, but I expect Darnold n pj to go this year.  He’s got a better ol n possibly wr room than last year. Maybe te.  If cmc is healthy go fella!  An actual weapon b/s Moore.  We will see.

Yeah... I think Garoppolo is a non-starter now. I can't see The Panthers trading out of one QB just to get another one similar. Although, I DO believe that Garoppolo has proven himself over several years to be an effective QB if given any support.
But I'm sure it's not going to happen.