Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-04-2022, 02:12 PM -
(03-04-2022, 11:12 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 09:50 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: It's hard to tell just how serious the Panthers are about looking at QBs in the Draft. It could all be a smokescreen...... or it might have some substance to it.

It's probably smoke and mirrors and/or bait and switch.  The Panthers have a very good first round selection at #6, but don't have another pick until the 4th round.  That makes the number one pick VERY valuable.

Agreed... That could be exactly what is going on. Both Rhule and Fitterer have had little grins and funny faces when they've mentioned not being too specific because of "competitive advantage". It could be a giant smokescreen. The absolute BEST thing that could happen is have a QB come off the board early....say around #3 or #4. That would stimulate the trade market for certain.!!
CoolDance
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-06-2022, 01:19 PM -
I get the feeling I've missed a LOT from the Combine.!!
Anyway, here is an evaluation of potential 1st round picks for the Panthers, based entirely on their performance (or LACK thereof..) at the Combine. Of course, the names mentioned here reflect what the Panthers have had to say about their intentions and direction...Which is basically O-Line. YES, the Panthers have talked about QBs, but I believe it could be a lot of smoke and no fire. Anyway, these initial evaluations are ALL O-Line guys.

Take a look at this link (courtesy of PanthersWire...) .... Follow up with some of the short video clips. Here's a little hint.... Evan Neal measured in, but did NOT participate in any of the exercises.Tyler Linderbaum also did NOT participate. Ekwonu and Cross ran the drills. AND the most impressive performance came from a lesser known combatant-- Trevor Penning. Penning was a true monster on the drills. Almost a perfect score on the RAS (Relative Athletic Score..). Be sure to watch the video clip on Penning.  What a BEAST.!!  I don't know how it will translate to the field, but Good Golly Miss Molly.!! 

HERE YOU GOTop O-Line Potential Picks