Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-20-2022, 09:24 AM -
Good Morning Football had a field day with this.   So much for Matt Rhule's incessant, "There is currently no starting quarterback.  The room is an open competition". 

I have a feeling this won't be the last night he gets athlete's tonsils from his feet being in my mouth lol

Fblaugh 

Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-21-2022, 01:02 PM -
LOL...ROTFLMAO..!!!  Thumbsup Biggrin Thumbsup

You know... I REALLY don't mind this at all. I rather like the fact he just blurted out what he thought (or what he knows is the truth--CURRENTLY..) He and Campen both seem to have a propensity for saying what they think.!! I think those two initial press conferences were some of the BEST ones I've seen.

I also love how all of the 'haters' along with Willis and Pickett and Corrall and Garoppolo and Mayfield supporters AND, AND, Darnold haters.......jumped all over him for saying what he thinks (and/or knows..) is the CURRENT situation in the Panthers locker room. You can THINK whatever you want to, but the TRUTH is.....Darnold IS the leader for the QB1 position----right now. And now all of those "know-it-all" prognosticators are jumping all over him for saying it and claiming he had to reverse himself because of it. 
Well, guess what..... He DID NOT reverse himself. He DID NOT "take back" what he said.!!  He merely said "...I guess I shouldn't have said that..." or words to that effect. NOTHING about being wrong....NOTHING about a different QB.  The fact is.,  he probably should not have said it, and he admitted it. That doesn't make him wrong.!! It just probably wasn't useful to say that right then in front of a bunch of reporters. There's no sense giving the loose-tongue wags more ammunition to spew about. He will undoubtedly be more careful in the future, which might be good for keeping things 'on the down low', but makes things a lot less interesting too.!!
I am very interested in what McAdoo AND Campen have to say. It would be a real treat to have someone speaking for the team who is not afraid to say what they think.!! Glad we have both of these guys...and Steve Wilks too. FINALLY....some experience on the coaching staff.  Headbang
This post was last modified: 04-21-2022, 01:02 PM by Hobbit99.