Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

18 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-25-2022, 10:48 PM -
(09-25-2022, 08:44 PM)coffee Wrote: Agreed with all of that.  You say "if not for one play" about the passing game and you even have to add that the one play was only slightly the pass and mostly the run.  Lotta issues with QB.

Hobbit, you've said all along how unsure you were of Baker being an upgrade over Darnold.  I was with you until preseason and I thought Baker won it.  Now, I'm looking at this ugly win against a team that thinks it's good but hasn't noticed that they lost their HOF QB and their great coach.  I'm thinking of how we started last year with W's against three teams that also didn't realize they were bad yet.  I swear I think we looked better with Darnold in those games than we looked today.  And certainly better than we looked the first two games.

Darnold is boring and safe and then panicky bad when pressured, but wow!  Baker has looked inept for all but a handful of plays.  I sure hope he can start showing us something.  Otherwise, as painful as the idea is, I'll be hoping for Darnold when he gets back from IR.

Brother, I know what you're saying.  Mayfield has some "juice". But he is dreadfully short on KSAs (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities..). I keep hoping, but the reality is so much different. I honestly don't know where Mayfield sits. You're correct about the first three games last year. Darnold looked pretty solid...until we lost CMC and the wheels came off. This year, everything is different. Mayfield is SO scattered. He hasn't performed up to ANY standard, YET.  Just like you, I keep 'hoping'.  Maybe something good will happen....Maybe..??
Huh Fbcry
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-26-2022, 07:07 AM -
I've always said how fluky the beginning of the season is. Especially Game 1. It's amazing to think how bad we've looked and that we still have a good shot at being tied for the division lead next week. Bucs face the great googly moogly Chefs and we face the Cards that seem overrated and we've for some reason had their number.

I know past 'got their number' stories mean nothing but if you'd been on an island and came back to hear: "After the first quarter of the season, the Bucs and Panthers are tied for the division lead, both having won their division games," you'd think, "Wow! My Panthers must be playing great!"
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-26-2022, 11:00 AM -
Oh well, my 0-3 prediction went array. So now I am probably Stuck with Rhule for the rest of the year… meaning just more time of having to rebuild. Glad CMC had 29 touches, maybe they finally figured it out. Good to get a win but that Saints team looked really weak, about like us week one
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-26-2022, 11:11 AM -
COFFEE...
Yeah....you're certainly right about those aspects of the coming games. But the Cardinals are worrisome for me. And the Chiefs are coming off of a loss to the Colts. Former Falcons QB Matt Ryan (Matty Ice..) led a late comeback victory. Mahomes just said something like "we have to be better.."
Nothing like being obvious....

The Bucs--Chiefs game will be contested. It's not going to be an 'easy' victory no matter which way it goes........ AND, I'm NOT confident about the Cardinals either... I hope you're right though.
This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 11:12 AM by Hobbit99.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-26-2022, 01:59 PM -
(09-26-2022, 11:00 AM)Firstchance Wrote: Oh well, my 0-3 prediction went array. So now I am probably Stuck with Rhule for the rest of the year… meaning just more time of having to rebuild. Glad CMC had 29 touches, maybe they finally figured it out. Good to get a win but that Saints team looked really weak, about like us week one

Don't worry, First...  You didn't jinx it.  I think it was a foregone conclusion that Rhule was staying anyway.  Tepper seems to think that he can walk through a puddle without getting his feet wet.

I don't know about the Saints though. They didn't look like a Championship team, but they sure kicked our butts (stats wise..). Much better YPA (6.7---5.0). Much better Total Yardage (426--293). Much better in 1st Downs (19--12). And better on 3rd Down Conversions (38.5%---28.6%). Much better on QB Comp % (61%--48%)

So, How did we win.??  One word--DEFENSE.  Two INTs. One Fumble Recovery. One Defensive TD. Two missed FGs. 

Our Defense cannot continue to win games without help.  Unless something changes for the better, and quickly, this season is going into the toilet.
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-26-2022, 03:32 PM -
(09-26-2022, 11:11 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote: COFFEE...
Yeah....you're certainly right about those aspects of the coming games.  But the Cardinals are worrisome for me.  And the Chiefs are coming off of a loss to the Colts. Former Falcons QB Matt Ryan (Matty Ice..) led a late comeback victory. Mahomes just said something like "we have to be better.."
Nothing like being obvious....

The Bucs--Chiefs game will be contested.  It's not going to be an 'easy' victory no matter which way it goes........ AND, I'm NOT confident about the Cardinals either...  I hope you're right though.

Well, it's not really my prediction.  I don't feel confident about a win against the Cards at all.  I'm just saying that, even if it happens, how deceitful the appearance would be.  We'd be tied for division lead and undefeated against division opponents ... yet still a stinky team.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-26-2022, 05:02 PM -
(09-26-2022, 03:32 PM)coffee Wrote: Well, it's not really my prediction.  I don't feel confident about a win against the Cards at all.  I'm just saying that, even if it happens, how deceitful the appearance would be.  We'd be tied for division lead and undefeated against division opponents ... yet still a stinky team.

Ahhh...Got ya..  AND, you'd be right
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-26-2022, 11:41 PM -
We won a game! Nice. Let’s stack em.!

Honest ? Bakers starting this game. Under 50% again, do we start Sam when he gets back? Sorry, just too much.
This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 12:18 AM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-27-2022, 02:28 AM -
(09-26-2022, 11:00 AM)Firstchance Wrote: Oh well, my 0-3 prediction went array. So now I am probably Stuck with Rhule for the rest of the year… meaning just more time of having to rebuild. Glad CMC had 29 touches, maybe they finally figured it out. Good to get a win but that Saints team looked really weak, about like us week one

With respect, First..... This report indicates (generally..??) how I perceive the Panthers and Matt Rhule's future here.  Nothing is guaranteed. However it would appear that David Tepper is willing to give Rhule plenty of rope.  Of course the longer the rope the easier it is to get entangled.  Rhule is NOT guaranteed anything, but like I've mentioned several times, it appears that there may be some sort of "agreement" in place with Tepper. Rhule will continue until he reaches the end of Tepper's rope.

Here is some interesting commentary...

PANTHERS WIRE:  Rhule = Tepper is Patient