Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-01-2022, 01:25 PM -
Rhule, famous for 'standing pat' and saying nothing about everything, has just said that the receivers need to "help" Mayfield do his job. They need to "get open." Now... that's not too terrible if in fact that was a problem. There is always room for everyone to improve. But DJ Moore has PROVEN that he gets open. Anderson has PROVEN that he gets open. Other WRs and TEs are getting open. RBs are getting open.  Mayfield's problems are NOT related to receivers "getting open."

When asked about Rhule's comments, Moore was polite but respectfully disagreed. Like I said, he was polite. But there's some 'push-back' buried in here.

MSN--LARRY BROWN SPORTS: DJ Moore Reaction-Response To Rhule
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-01-2022, 01:54 PM -
“Receivers need to get open” as he watches his QB throw to empty spots on the field, 10 yards away from the open receivers. What a load of $#!+
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-01-2022, 03:50 PM -
I'm not on the "Fire Rhule" bandwagon yet, but crap like this is getting me a lot closer to it. It is obvious that Moore has repeatedly been open but drastically overthrown. Almost nothing his way has been even close to catchable.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-01-2022, 05:03 PM -
(10-01-2022, 01:54 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: “Receivers need to get open” as he watches his QB throw to empty spots on the field, 10 yards away from the open receivers. What a load of $#!+

(10-01-2022, 03:50 PM)coffee Wrote: I'm not on the "Fire Rhule" bandwagon yet, but crap like this is getting me a lot closer to it. It is obvious that Moore has repeatedly been open but drastically overthrown. Almost nothing his way has been even close to catchable.

You guys are exactly right. For the record, I am not advocating (necessarily..) for firing Rhule. I AM saying that Rhule has not proven that he has any grasp of NFL football at this point. Not to say that he won't be a better coach in the coming weeks.....maybe. I am also saying that Rhule needs to start assigning "blame" where it belongs. He doesn't need to speak out about it with the media.... he just needs to acknowledge that errors continue to be made, that poor QB play cannot be 'blamed' on receivers. Keep it to himself if necessary, just don't blame his skill position players for the inadequacy of another player.....
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-01-2022, 06:46 PM -
Matt Rhule just doesn't get it. I'm not sure what I think of him, but it isn't positive. I don't blame DJ Moore for his reaction, nor Robbie Anderson for his previous reactions in the locker room. Baker Mayfield just doesn't know the Offense. And if Rhule admits that, he admits he was wrong to trade for Mayfield, which would be another nail in the coffin for Rhule. If I were DJ Moore, I'd be Pi$$ED to the max.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-01-2022, 07:28 PM -
For the record, (im sure this is as obvious to y’all football aficionados) I honestly think ALL of our issues are purely coaching. I feel Mcadoo’s offense is too complex for Rhule and a QB, Darnold or Baker, who split reps to overcome. I have never been a McAdoo fan. I feel Rhule can coach, just not in the NFL. He has to be willing to make hard decisions and I don’t think he is. I feel he is honestly too green for the NFL. I’m sure the players like him, but things like this won’t help anything. He needs to be the guy who is in control, not looking like he’s out of control. I feel he’s too much of a motivational speaker than a coach in the NFL.

My reasons on believing this is all coaching is this: our offensive play calling is stagnant. Regardless of OLine play, regardless of QB play, regardless of anything, our O play calling is boring, and easy to anticipate. We have to get more TE play, to help a shaky QB. Baker needs to be coached on how to check down, PAST the line of scrimmage. He checks always behind the line and we get stuffed. We need more drag routes, more crossing routes, and just better passing lanes. The receivers are open, but their routes are awkward. We hardly ever make any adjustments at halftime.

Rhule constantly says “we are almost there” but the truth is if it weren’t for the broken clock being right twice a day, going in our favor with EVERY game, I swear we wouldn’t have any points scored.