McCAFFREY --- TRADED --- NORMALLY RELIABLE SOURCES...!!
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-20-2022, 11:00 PM -
Fbwow Fbcry Fbmad Fbwow

I will grant you that this has NOT been officially announced by the Panthers.  BUT.... Multiple sources HAVE announced that a trade deal for CMC has been completed.  I am so completely shocked, that I have little to say right now. I am continuing to read the source material and will get back here with whatever evidence I find. And, of course, the trade specifics....

More to come...

Apparently the trade is for draft picks only..... 

McCaffrey to SF 49ers ----- 2nd, 3rd, 4th picks in 2023; and 5th rounder in 2024  to Panthers.  Panthers save 9 Mil against the cap next year.  No word on the compensation to CMC....

CSR (Cat Scratch Reader..):  McCaffrey to 49ers -- For Draft Compensation ONLY...
Depressed Bag

Quoting Ian Rapoport  and  Adam Schefter

PANTHERS WIRE:  Panthers Trade McCaffrey To 49ers

Panthers Wire is also reporting the trade. Full information at the link ^^^

CAROLINA PANTHERS JUST CONFIRMED ON TWITTER.. 

As reported by Yahoo Sports... The Carolina Panthers have announced/confirmed the McCaffrey deal. Tweet by @Panthers at 12:04 AM, Oct 21, 2022.

Yahoo Sports is reporting what Rapoport and Schefter announced a few minutes ago....

Here's a link to Yahoo Sports that includes the Panthers tweet.

Yahoo Sports:  Panthers--49ers Trade Deal For CMC

NFL . com  Weighs In on McCaffrey Deal....

NFL . com is the latest to weigh in on the McCaffrey deal.  This trade has far-reaching implications (obviously..). SF is mired down halfway in the pack and has to deal with the Rams too.  They wanted (needed..) a 'playmaker' to put them over the top.  McCaffrey might be just what they needed.

There was some talk that both SF and LA were bidding for CMC.  The Panthers were holding out for a 1st round pick but neither team had one to part with (that's what I hear..).  So the 49ers came up with multiple high picks and that was enough to carry the deal.

NFL.COM:  Panthers -- 49ers Do A Deal
This post was last modified: 10-21-2022, 12:01 AM by Hobbit99.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-21-2022, 02:34 AM -
It took a few hours, but the Panthers have officially “announced” the McCaffrey trade. The following link is from Panthers dot com. After the quick “tweet” earlier, it was just a matter of time before they went public on the website with the news. It’s pretty much the same as what was reported earlier….only from Panthers “officialdom”.

PANTHERS.COM:  Panthers Announce McCaffrey Trade

Now we wait to hear the “spin” ………..
This post was last modified: 10-21-2022, 02:35 AM by Hobbit99.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-21-2022, 05:29 AM -
Not quite the haul I wanted to see for CMC but close.

Actually, as I have said prior, glad for CMC. He gets a chance to play for a winner and this team is 3 years away from even competing… maybe longer. But if done correctly we can be “fixed” for years to come…. This team has still not proven they are capable of that so time will tell.

Who is next DJ? Littleton?
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-21-2022, 05:32 AM -
It’s official guys, if ya didn’t know now, we are imploding.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-21-2022, 05:34 AM -
All I can say is Congratulations to CMC, and thank you for all you have done for this undeserving dumpster fire of hot garbage called an NFL Football team.

Garbage, garbage, garbage is all we are left with. We couldn't win the Toilet Bowl under this "ownership". What a disgusting piece of trash this so-called "team" has become.