Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-25-2023, 11:05 AM -
According to this NFL.com Article, of the twelve Head Coaching Interviewees (ten have  been completed, two more requested), on TWO have been scheduled to come back for a second interview - Steve Wilks and Frank Reich.

Also, I wasn't aware we were interviewing for Defensive Coordinator, but apparently Kris Richard, Saints defensive backs coach, has requested to interview for Defensive Coordinator.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-coaching-gm...ring-cycle

Head coach:

Jim Caldwell, former Lions and Colts head coach (completed)
    Ken Dorsey, Bills offensive coordinator (completed)
    Ejiro Evero, Broncos defensive coordinator (completed)
    Ben Johnson, Lions offensive coordinator (staying with Lions)
    Mike Kafka, Giants offensive coordinator (completed)
    Jerod Mayo, Patriots linebackers coach (requested)
    Kellen Moore, Cowboys offensive coordinator (completed)
    Sean Payton, former Saints head coach (completed)
    Frank Reich, former Colts head coach (second interview scheduled)
    DeMeco Ryans, 49ers defensive coordinator (requested)
    Shane Steichen, Eagles offensive coordinator (completed)
    Steve Wilks, Panthers interim coach (second interview completed)

Defensive coordinator:

Kris Richard, Saints defensive backs coach (requested)
This post was last modified: 01-25-2023, 11:06 AM by PantherFan007.
PantherFan007
Administrator

01-25-2023, 11:09 AM -
Ah!  So, this might be why;

Al Holcomb, our current Interim Defensive Coordinator, is interviewing for DC for Atlanta.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-coaching-gm...ring-cycle

Atlanta Falcons

Defensive coordinator

Al Holcomb, Panthers interim defensive coordinator (completed)
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-25-2023, 06:08 PM -
The more time passes the more I am convinced that Wilks will not be the guy. And to me, that means a whole new staff. I also can’t imagine that Tepper wouldn’t allow the new coach to pick his staff. Just scratching my head.

Time to get this show on the road… new coach (and staff) will need to watch film on top of film to evaluate the current roster players, not to mention have conversations with and before you know the draft is here. Let’s roll.
PantherFan007
Administrator

01-25-2023, 06:36 PM -
(01-25-2023, 06:08 PM)Firstchance Wrote: The more time passes the more I am convinced that Wilks will not be the guy. And to me, that means a whole new staff. I also can’t imagine that Tepper wouldn’t allow the new coach to pick his staff. Just scratching my head.

Time to get this show on the road… new coach (and staff) will need to watch film on top of film to evaluate the current roster players, not to mention have conversations with and before you know the draft is here. Let’s roll.

The one thing I'm glad about is that it looks like Sean Payton IS NOT going to be "that guy". Not that I wouldn't be happy with him as the Head Coach, but that we would have to mortgage our grandbabies in order to afford him.

And the Draft is EXACTLY what I have been worrying about.  The new Head Football Coach should be entitled to have input on building HIS team the way he wants it, and that includes the NFL Draft Picks.  

I know there are still almost three months left, but as you said, "Before we know it" it will be here.

Still pulling for Coach Wilks, by the way, and hope he gets it.  Seriously.  Nobody else has any more "proven record" than he, so why get something new when you already know what you have.  Take that and BUILD your team around it and his philosphy.

Dodgy
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-25-2023, 07:00 PM -
Please just no Moore from DAL!
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-25-2023, 11:08 PM -
Would love to seek Wilks back. We will see.
PantherFan007
Administrator

01-26-2023, 06:29 AM -
I'm a bit surprised they brought Kellen Moore back for either a "Second Interview" or an "Extended first Interview". He played quarterback in the NFL for six years, not sixteen. And he's only been "coaching" (officially) for a handful of years. Just not what I would trust my team to.