JOSH MCCOWN BREAKS DOWN CJ STROUD VIDEO (Four Weeks Ago)
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

4 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,299 posts 742 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-11-2023, 07:32 PM -
It apparently has been no secret that Josh McCown has a huge man-crush on CJ Stroud.  On this video, he breaks down some of Strouds plays:

Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,001 posts 559 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-12-2023, 07:12 AM -
INTERESTING...

McCown does a good job with descriptions and making his points. Seems to KNOW what's happening as it happens. We all know he wasn't a real firebrand of a QB in the NFL, but he stayed around for a long time. A little short on NFL level talent, but he apparently knows the game.

Just because you can't MAKE the play, doesn't mean you don't know HOW to make the play. You don't have to be able to make the play to be able to coach it.

I'm actually pretty impressed, overall.  Hope he can impart knowledge to the QB room.
Firstchance
Posting Freak

756 posts 84 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-12-2023, 08:26 AM -
I am probably the most excited person around here for hiring Josh McCown, and I can get that. But I see twelve different teams, so many ox’s, so many QB coaches, so many practices, camps, QB rooms, etc… if he took bits and pieces from all, that is so valuable. Maybe his athletic design was never enough to become a star QB but if he can translate that to one or many who have the design, that my friends could be so valuable.

(02-12-2023, 08:26 AM)Firstchance Wrote: I am probably the most excited person around here for hiring Josh McCown, and I can get that. But I see twelve different teams, so many OC’s, so many QB coaches, so many practices, camps, QB rooms with such a variety of qbs and situations, etc… if he took bits and pieces from all, that is so valuable. Maybe his athletic design was never enough to become a star QB but if he can translate that to one or many who have the design, that my friends could be so valuable.

I will go on a limb, he will be an OC within 2 years hopefully here and a GC within 4 hopefully here. 
This post was last modified: 02-12-2023, 09:23 AM by Firstchance.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,299 posts 742 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-12-2023, 06:51 PM -
When I think back on (Linebacker) Ron Rivera and (Defensive Back) John Fox, neither of them was what I would call Hall of Fame material (lol), but both were decent coaches. Then again, look at Steve Smith, what a wide receiver he was, and yet I never could imagine him as a coach of an NFL Team.
Firstchance
Posting Freak

756 posts 84 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-12-2023, 07:46 PM -
(02-12-2023, 08:26 AM)Firstchance Wrote: I am probably the most excited person around here for hiring Josh McCown, and I can get that. But I see twelve different teams, so many ox’s, so many QB coaches, so many practices, camps, QB rooms, etc… if he took bits and pieces from all, that is so valuable. Maybe his athletic design was never enough to become a star QB but if he can translate that to one or many who have the design, that my friends could be so valuable.

(02-12-2023, 08:26 AM)Firstchance Wrote: I am probably the most excited person around here for hiring Josh McCown, and I can get that. But I see twelve different teams, so many OC’s, so many QB coaches, so many practices, camps, QB rooms with such a variety of qbs and situations, etc… if he took bits and pieces from all, that is so valuable. Maybe his athletic design was never enough to become a star QB but if he can translate that to one or many who have the design, that my friends could be so valuable.

I will go on a limb, he will be an OC within 2 years hopefully here and a HC within 4 hopefully here.