• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-11-2023, 09:50 PM -
Glad they got this worked out. 

Panthers agree to terms on reworked deal with Shaq Thompson

CHARLOTTE — The Panthers are moving to a new defensive system this year, but they're bringing an important piece of last year's back with them.

The Panthers agreed to terms on a reworked contract with veteran linebacker Shaq Thompson Saturday.

That move will keep him here for the transition to the 3-4 that new coordinator Ejiro Evero is bringing, and Evero specifically mentioned Thompson as a player he'd want to coach during his introductory press conference in February.

"Those are all questions that are above my pay grade, but if you talk about the player, that's definitely a player I really admire, and I think he's a heck of a player," Evero said when asked about Thompson's future and fit in this scheme. "Definitely would love to coach him.

"(He fits) very well. He's an inside backer, a three-down player. He's a guy that can play the run game. He's good in zone coverage, can see the quarterback, can match running backs; he fits just right."
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-11-2023, 11:16 PM -
This is awesome
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-11-2023, 11:18 PM -
I’m happy to hear this. Our LBs are a bit thin. We need to bolster the position some. Shaq will play inside and can handle cover on RBs and TEs over the middle as well as play the run. I’m glad to have him back.

I wonder how the contract was reworked.???
Huh
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-12-2023, 01:55 AM -
We will see. Him n smith are a start at ilb. Got som olb guys on roster. Burns, luvu, Hayes, barno. Need another ilb or 2 n dl help. Just brown, McCall, matos n a few more. A cb n s wouldn’t hurt either. Just a d projection.

Nixon on dl too

Roy, sorry
This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 02:02 AM by Josh21.