Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-13-2023, 05:12 PM -
Smoke and mirrors or true story?

Panthers reportedly have top pick narrowed down to two QBs (msn.com)

Tony Pauline of Pro Football Network says he spoke with sources close to the Panthers over the weekend who say Carolina is targeting CJ Stroud and Anthony Richardson with the top overall pick in the draft.

The Panthers moved up to No. 1 in the draft by way of a blockbuster trade with the Chicago Bears. There have been rumblings that Stroud is at the top of their list, which makes sense. Many view the Ohio State star as the safest of the four big quarterbacks on the board, who are Stroud, Richardson, Bryce Young and Will Levis.

Richardson turned heads with his freak athleticism at the NFL Scouting Combine last week and may have the highest ceiling of any QB in the draft, but he is a raw talent. The former Florida star might not be ready to start next season.

One report claimed the Panthers could take an unusual approach if they are undecided on which quarterback they want, but that seems unlikely.

rk says he spoke with sources close to the Panthers over the weekend who say Carolina is targeting CJ Stroud and Anthony Richardson with the top overall pick in the draft.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-13-2023, 05:25 PM -
I'm sorry...

I can't seriously see Richardson as a #1 pick. Nor can i see the Panthers leading with Richardson into the season with no experienced veteran.  Richardson is a year away... Who is going to play..??
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-13-2023, 07:30 PM -
(03-13-2023, 05:25 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: I'm sorry...

I can't seriously see Richardson as a #1 pick. Nor can i see the Panthers leading with Richardson into the season with no experienced veteran.  Richardson is a year away... Who is going to play..??

Nor can I, brother.  But that might be why I run an Enterprise Data Center and they draft football players lol.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-13-2023, 10:12 PM -
Silly season, no “leaks”, just subterfuge.