Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-28-2023, 04:02 PM -
The Panthers have signed DJ Chark to be their deep, downfield threat. Historically, Chark has been very, VERY good at delivering receiving yardage. His career average is 14.4 YPC. That is a VERY significant number. Unusually high, especially for a relatively young WR with a career marred by injury. The Panthers will be extremely pleased if Chark can continue his downfield assault with anything close to those numbers.

Frank Reich is very 'high' on Chark, as apparently he has been monitoring the WR's play and success since he broke into the league. He is very hopeful that Chark will continue making plays and improve here at Carolina. Chark is recovering from ankle surgery, but is expected to be available for the preseason as well as some of the early OTA stuff (hopefully..). No official word on the surgery, but the hope is that it will help keep him on the field. Chark has missed 19 games over the last two years, primarily because of ankle injuries. He suffered a broken ankle in 2021, then re-injured the same ankle last year. The surgery will hopefully stabilize the ankle and improve his game-day readiness.

PANTHERS.COM:  DJ Chark Surgery Recovery -  OTA Hopeful
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-28-2023, 07:18 PM -
Ran across this today and sportsedge…

Panthers coach Frank Reich said “We want to develop him into a complete receiver, widen his rout tree. It’s not just going to be all the vertical stuff down the field," when asked about DJ Chark.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

03-28-2023, 08:59 PM -
(03-28-2023, 07:18 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Ran across this today and sportsedge…

Panthers coach Frank Reich said “We want to develop him into a complete receiver, widen his rout tree. It’s not just going to be all the vertical stuff down the field," when asked about DJ Chark.

Yep… I sure hope he comes through recovery well and produces for us. I also hope we can keep him more than this one year contract.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-28-2023, 10:18 PM -
Great analysis guys. Love the young core, love the deals to shore up positions. Like what they’ve done!

Great analysis guys. Love the young core, love the deals to shore up positions. Like what they’ve done! He could b a very big part of the wr room. Who outta Marshal, Shenault, n Shi Step up? I’m ashamed. I had to look it up.
This post was last modified: 03-28-2023, 10:35 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

04-17-2023, 12:09 PM -
DJ Chark --- Getting back into "form". Playing shape too.

Playing AGAINST the Panthers made Chark look good. Now he's trying to get back into the same "form" while playing FOR the Panthers.  With excellent vertical speed, Chark could fill the role left vacant by the trade of DJ Moore to the Bears. He'll need a little time to settle in, but his KSAs (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities..) give him a solid step up against the process.

He is in the process of Off-season workouts right now. Then comes mini-camp and OTAs before the heat-stroke inducing Training Camp begins. I'm betting that Chark comes through with flying colors.!!

PANTHERS.COM:  DJ Chark -- Rounding Into Form
Headbang