Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-06-2023, 12:54 PM -
If you haven't noticed....

The Panthers are in the process of "updating" or changing the look of their online video personality. A couple of weeks ago Kristen Balboni started doing a new segment called Walk A Mile.  Kristen has always done one-on-one short, punchy interviews with the new players and coaches and executives. This new video segment may just be the current iteration of her old interview....OR, it could be a totally new effort that might take the place of the old one. My thoughts don't matter of course, but I really enjoyed the old interviews. Sort of an early, quick look at new personnel. And a quick "Welcome to Carolina" viewpoint.

This "NEW" version is a pretty obvious "pandering" to advertisers. The new segment is 'sponsored' by Atrium Health. Nothing particularly wrong with that.....except the obvious "Walk a Mile" name and the fact that the talk occurs while Kristen and her guest are 'walking' on a treadmill.  Do we really need Atrium Health pushing themselves into our subconscious with subliminal messaging.???

I don't know.  I am not really fond of this new pattern. Kristen does a great job. Always has....  The treadmills and the constant walking motion detract from the interview. It interferes with the flow. Sort of like watching TV, knowing that a commercial is coming to tell you something you don't want to know.

Anyway, here is a example of the "new" version....

"Walk a Mile" With Andy Dalton

Hobbit99
Posting Freak

04-06-2023, 01:01 PM -
Here is another one.... Adam Thielen..

"Walk a Mile" With Adam Thielen

Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-06-2023, 01:16 PM -
I have chosen just to move past it.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

04-06-2023, 01:28 PM -
(04-06-2023, 01:16 PM)Firstchance Wrote: I have chosen just to move past it.

YES...

I would hate to miss Kristen's early interviews with new personnel, but these segments just drive me nuts.  (And IT'S A SHORT DRIVE..!!).