Are we Tanking in 2020 ?
Started by OceanPanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
OceanPanther

106 posts 11 threads Joined: Mar 2020
03-11-2020, 03:25 PM -
We've lost lots of players..   We don't seem , at this time,  to be wanting to sign some of our current players. 

So,, can a team really tank from day 1 ??   I mean, once a team loses 4 our of the first 5. we hear they might be tanking.

Many think  Trevor Lawrence is worth tanking for.. maybe..  time will tell. 

Right now we have a lot of young QBs..  they're all not going to be the next coming.. ( even though some already are lol. Mahomes has his Lombardi ) .

It's still a team game ,, it still takes a little luck .   Can you really just let team go to poop just to try to sign a QB that might not even come out next season ( See Andrew Luck )

I've been gone for a while.. Couldn't seem to sign up,,  

Hope everyones Winter was good,, AND OVER .. Spring is here.. the draft is just weeks away.  free agency even closer
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,759 posts 502 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-11-2020, 04:09 PM -
(03-11-2020, 03:25 PM)OceanPanther Wrote: We've lost lots of players..   We don't seem , at this time,  to be wanting to sign some of our current players. 

So,, can a team really tank from day 1 ??   I mean, once a team loses 4 our of the first 5. we hear they might be tanking.

Many think  Trevor Lawrence is worth tanking for.. maybe..  time will tell. 

Right now we have a lot of young QBs..  they're all not going to be the next coming.. ( even though some already are lol. Mahomes has his Lombardi ) .

It's still a team game ,, it still takes a little luck .   Can you really just let team go to poop just to try to sign a QB that might not even come out next season ( See Andrew Luck )

I've been gone for a while.. Couldn't seem to sign up,,  

Hope everyones Winter was good,, AND OVER .. Spring is here.. the draft is just weeks away.  free agency even closer

Joker Thumbsup
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-11-2020, 07:31 PM -
Welcome back, Ocean, glad you were finally able to get in! Thanks for reaching out to me about it.

Yeah, not sure if we are voluntarily tanking, or if we will tank simply due to attrition. We have lost so freaking many core players that I cannot, for the life of me, imagine how we could actually field a competitive team.

That having been said, I do believe IF the following happens, which I am hoping for:

1. Cam Newton heals up and is able to participate no later than halfway thru Training Camp so he can knock the rust off, get used to the new players (it'll look like he is on a new team, minus CMC and a couple of other guys), and he can be the NFL Comeback Player of the Year.

2. Cam has a big chip on his shoulder to show all the naysayers they were wrong and he comes back with a vengeance.

3. We draft Isaiah Simmons or Derrick Brown (both of whom can make a HUGE and IMMEDIATE impact (no pun intended) on Defense

4. Kyle Allen has a great camp and shows he has overcome the fumbling problems and interceptions (which I believe were caused by him forcing the throw because he was afraid of getting the ball stripped AGAIN), and shows he is ready to move forward as a solid backup.

5. I believe we need to incorporate a solid #2 Running Back, or CMC is going to seriously get injured playing every play. Jonathan Stewart didn't even play every play. I believe Reggie Bonnafon is that guy.

6. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on Russell Okung at left tackle. He has shown talent in years past, but I know very little about him. We shall see. That, aside from Cam, might be our biggest and most important move on Offense. We must protect the quarterback, and I am hoping that Okung is able to do that.

7. Fixing everything else that is wrong lol
This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 07:33 PM by PantherFan007.
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-12-2020, 04:56 AM -
Yes. Kinda.

I don't think the coach, team, or GM is playing to lose or purposely trying for the #1 draft spot. However, I do think they are willing to do whatever it takes to put Rhule's system in motion, and they fully expect that to seriously hurt this season. (Tepper pretty much said so a few months ago when he said it wouldn't be a quick fix). If it gives us an early draft spot, they won't be crying about it.

If Cam does fairly well, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a midseason trade.