Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-16-2020, 07:56 PM -
I always like that guy.  He didn't get a lot of playing time other than Special Teams, but he made the most of it.

https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-r...olin-jones

CHARLOTTE - The Panthers have released safety Colin Jones.
Jones, 32, played the last eight seasons in Carolina as a reserve safety, and for the past two years, served as captain of the special teams unit.

He had a team-leading nine special teams tackles in 2019 and ended the season tied for second in franchise history with 61 career special teams tackles, according to coaches statistics.

Jones has had a number of big plays on special teams over the last few seasons, including converting a fake punt in 2019 and scoring his first career touchdown on a fumble recovery on punt coverage in 2018.

Originally drafted by San Francisco in 2011, Jones was traded to Carolina prior to the 2012 season. He has played in 137 career games, including 124 with Carolina.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-17-2020, 12:24 PM -
I really liked this guy's attitude. He played hard and straight up. And F A S T..... Hate to see him go. I know some folks don't see the value, but Special Teams stalwarts are hard to find and those who make it there are rarely appreciated. We're gonna miss this guy...