Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

0 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-16-2023, 08:04 PM -
WorshipWorshipWorship

Report: Panthers Have Made an Offer to Brian Burns (msn.com)

Brian Burns is entering the final year of his contract, playing under his fifth-year option where he will earn $16 million.

The Panthers obviously want Burns to be a part of their long-term future and have been in discussions with Burns and his agent, Todd France, on a new multi-year deal. According to Darin Gantt of Panthers.com, there could be some news relatively soon.

"Not a lot to update, but that might not be the case for long. The Panthers have made an offer, but the entire market at the position seems to be on hold since there are a couple of big deals on the horizon."

The last time Burns spoke with the media prior to the month and a half-long break, he made it clear that he wants to remain with the organization that drafted him in 2019.

"I don't have a preference really [of when it needs to be done]. I'm just blessed to really be even in that talk and the opportunity to have that. Right now, I'm just enjoying the process and everything that comes with it. I know I want to be a Panther that's all I can tell you. I can't preach this any more, like, I'm truly blessed to be in this position. It's a dream come true just to have these kind of talks."

In four seasons with the Panthers, Burns has racked up 196 tackles, 77 QB hits, 43 tackles for loss, 38 sacks, 11 pass breakups, and seven forced fumbles.