Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-31-2023, 07:55 PM -
Worship

Hayden Hurst To Be Featured In Panthers Offense (msn.com)

Carolina Panthers tight end Hayden Hurst said he is happy with the team's offense under Frank Reich which is expected to feature tight ends heavily. 

"I love it. This is the opportunity that I've always asked for," Hurst said. "I prepared this offseason like the ball's gonna come my way a lot. So I'm in the best shape of my life." Reich spoke about creating mismatches with tight ends. "I just think you get good matchups there. The philosophy is matchup football and how do you get guys in a good position to make plays," said Reich. 

"So you're getting tight ends on linebackers and safeties. There's a lot of really good linebackers and really good safeties, and some of them can cover, but from an offensive perspective, you just always think if you have even a halfway decent tight end, that's a winning matchup for the offense." 

With a limited receiving corps of Adam Thielen, D.J. Chark, Terrace Marshall Jr., and Jonathan Mingo, it sounds like Hurst could be in line for a healthy target share fit for PPR fantasy football formats.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-01-2023, 07:23 PM -
Hope so, it’s been awhile since we’ve had production from te.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-01-2023, 11:07 PM -
I remember when Hurst was drafted (2018 -- 1st Round). (Ravens -- I think.??)  There were a lot of Panther fans who wanted him (yep, me too..).

I'm happy we got him (finally..). He has the size, speed, and skill set to pick up where Greg Olsen left off.

CoolDance
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-02-2023, 07:57 PM -
(08-01-2023, 11:07 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: I remember when Hurst was drafted (2018 -- 1st Round). (Ravens -- I think.??)  There were a lot of Panther fans who wanted him (yep, me too..).

I'm happy we got him (finally..). He has the size, speed, and skill set to pick up where Greg Olsen left off.

CoolDance

Yeah, I was one of them, as a Gamecocks fan I was a huge fan of Hurst coming out of college.