SIGNINGS---Nothing from Panthers.?? Here's why....
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-20-2020, 04:00 AM -
If you've been wondering (like I have..) why we are hearing about the transactions, but not seeing anything official....... There is a reason (apparently..).
It has something to do with the start of Free Agency, the "tampering" period, and league rules about....other stuff..??

In any event, this article spells out the effects of the "rules" and why. Click on the link and read it for yourself. Happy COVID-19 everyone.!!

https://www.panthers.com/news/how-covid-...d-signings
This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 03:30 PM by Hobbit99.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-20-2020, 05:46 AM -
Per NFL.com, there is a new rule this year in the CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement) that Teams are not allowed to announce any signing of a player until the contract is finalized and signed by all parties. I just read that day before yesterday, because I had the same question.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-20-2020, 03:40 PM -
Yep... The effects from the new CBA is part of it, no doubt. As I mentioned above, there are several issues that are impacting signings. Not the least of which is the issue of physicals. Right now the league has apparently stopped players and teams from flying around doing meet and greets and physicals...... You can thank COVID -19 for that part of it. The March 31 date IS part of the new CBA I believe, although I haven't read it.

Just a reminder for everyone.... Nothing is "Official" until the contracts are signed and the team announces it.!! So that means March 31 or later.....pending contract signings and physicals.