Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-25-2023, 05:40 AM -
OK, so the Panthers are 0-3. We finally put up some decent numbers this past Sunday against the Seahawks, but unfortunately the Offense could not deal with the 12th Man in Seattle. Errors in judgement and poor performance caused the Panthers to come up short. So now, we look forward to Week 4.

Week 4 pits the Panthers against the Vikings at BofA, on Sunday at 1:00 P.M. The upcoming week of practice will give us some hints about Who is IN and Who is OUT; Who is injured, and Who is recovered; and various and sundry other tidbits that might make our week better...(or worse..). I expect Bryce Young to be back on the field, although I shudder to think about it. I am concerned about Frankie Luvu, and Woods and Henderson as well. These new injuries to go along with the prior list struck down in Weeks 1 & 2.

So where does that leave us..??  The all-seeing and all-knowing sultans of the 'MoneyLine' are always ready to jump into the fray. They start the new week off with the Panthers as a 3 point underdog. If you allow the 'normal' 3-point sway for home field advantage, then that means the Vikings are really favored by a touchdown (if the game were played on a 'neutral' field..). I expect that line will probably grow in favor of the Vikings as the week  moves closer to game day.

That's it for now... There will be more to discuss later ---- and of course when you guys decide to hold forth...
This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 05:42 AM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-25-2023, 12:11 PM -
The Vikings are a beaten team right now. If they bring it, we are in trouble. Should they not bring it this could be an ugly win, one of two I am thinking for the year. But only if Dalton is the QB.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-25-2023, 03:58 PM -
Yes, the Vikings are hurting right now like we are. But seriously... they've lost three one-possession games. This last one against the Chargers was a real mess at the end. They had plenty of time (although no timeouts left) and failed to get a play called because of crowd noise. (Sound familiar.??). Cousins probably should have made a choice at the LOS, but chose to try to follow the play as called -- although the play-call wasted about 20 seconds. Should have "clocked" the ball, and then had 3 attempts to push it in.

Hindsight is wonderful.

I suspect the Vikings will not make a mistake like that again.  We can hope that they're not firing on all cylinders though.  And yes, if Dalton is on the field, we definitely have a decent chance.

Two 0-3 teams..... One of us will break out of that cycle.
Joker
This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 03:59 PM by Hobbit99.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-26-2023, 06:25 AM -
I have been reading some stuff about this game. The Panthers vs. Vikings at BofA in Charlotte. Both teams are 0-3, so one will break into the win column.

Interesting to note:  The Vikings have the #1 QB (*passing yardage*) in Kirk Cousins. They also have the NFL's leading receiver in Justin Jefferson.  AND, the league's leader in sacks in Danielle Hunter.  Even arguing the merits of the "girly" name for Mr. Hunter, one question stands out. 

*** How on God's green earth are the Vikings 0-3 ??  What the ever-loving H*LL is going on ??

And a second question....

*** How in the world are the Panthers going to compete -- short of locking the tunnel doors so they can't get to the field ???

It does NOT look good, guys and gals.....   Sick Cry Depressed
This post was last modified: 09-26-2023, 06:27 AM by Hobbit99.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-26-2023, 08:46 PM -
If the Vikings play with the 0-3 team that we shouldn’t be this could be another 70-20 game in their favor. However, if they come in sulking and already defeated then the Panthers could keep in close and possibly pull one out. It is literally, in my opinion, to be decided by the Vikings and the Panthers will just be on the ride until it comes to a full and complete stop.

This Vikings team may be the best 0-3 team ever… but how accept it will be key.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-26-2023, 09:29 PM -
(09-26-2023, 08:46 PM)Firstchance Wrote: If the Vikings play with the 0-3 team that we shouldn’t be this could be another 70-20 game in their favor. However, if they come in sulking and already defeated then the Panthers could keep in close and possibly pull one out. It is literally, in my opinion, to be decided by the Vikings and the Panthers will just be on the ride until it comes to a full and complete stop.

This Vikings team may be the best 0-3 team ever… but how accept it will be key.

I think you're right.... The Vikings probably ARE the best 0-3 team ever.....

Still, even really good teams can be beaten.  A team like this, as good as they are in multiple areas, undoubtedly have a small thing here or there which can be exploited.  On paper, there is NO WAY the Panthers can compete on the same field with the Vikings.  But, on any given Sunday..... anything COULD happen. It'll take a huge anomaly to stay close in this game. That 3+ point spread in favor of the Vikings should probably be about 10 points.
This post was last modified: 09-27-2023, 02:25 AM by Hobbit99.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-27-2023, 10:39 PM -
The odds are shifting....

One of the oddsmakers now have the line at Panthers +6....  (Quarter 4) --- (MOST of the betting lines have the odds around +3.5,  which is a slight movement from where they started on Monday).  The current over/under is hovering around 40.. which I think is absurdly low. I would bet the OVER all day long at that point.  My guess would put the actual number above 50.  (Of course, every time I say something like this, I prove just how stupid I can be.....so ignore my guesses please.).

So, will they stay at 3.5 - 6 point underdogs, or will the Panthers slip further into the bettor's abyss??
This post was last modified: 09-27-2023, 10:51 PM by Hobbit99.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-27-2023, 10:48 PM -
I simply expect us to compete. N hard. All I ask this year. F-Ing fight! That’s it.

Love to win some, but a lot about development. Like mostly.

(09-27-2023, 10:48 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I simply expect us to compete.  N hard.  All I ask this year.  F-Ing fight!  That’s it.

Love to win some, but a lot about development.  Like mostly.

Makes next year better.  I don’t see it, but we could “sneak in” to the playoffs.  I’d prefer a top pick…. Gotta hit on our 2nd rounder.
This post was last modified: 09-27-2023, 10:56 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-27-2023, 11:07 PM -
(09-27-2023, 10:48 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I simply expect us to compete.  N hard.  All I ask this year.  F-Ing fight!  That’s it.

Love to win some, but a lot about development.  Like mostly.

I agree -- up to a point.

I think it would be appropriate to discuss expectations here in the forum somewhere.  I sure have "plenty" to say about my personal feelings and expectations...!!

Maybe a different thread would be better rather than get it mixed up with the Vikings.  I think I'll do that.... Another thread coming up about our personal expectations for the Panthers SEASON in 2023.  Hold on to those thoughts.... I'll get the new thread up here shortly.....

Meanwhile, the Vikings are coming to town bringing the current NFL #1 QB with them..... And the #1 Receiver... AND the #! Sack leader ....
Fbcry Sick Cry Depressed