2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-01-2023, 09:32 AM -
Kickoff at 1 p.m.

GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-01-2023, 10:38 AM -
(10-01-2023, 09:32 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Kickoff at 1 p.m.

GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...go.  Whoopee 

Cry Depressed Depressed Sick Bag
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Firstchance

716 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-01-2023, 11:33 AM -
Go Panthers

Miracle on Mint St
Firstchance

716 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-01-2023, 03:04 PM -
This is really sad, Vikings didn’t bring the attitude and their A game and we still lost. I’m sorry guys I’ll stand by my feelings on Tepper, on Young and the length of time when we will be competitive week in week out. It’s just sad.

Breaking news. Tepper is changing our colors to Brown and Orange to pay tribute to the Cleveland Browns.
This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 03:09 PM by Firstchance.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-01-2023, 07:03 PM -
(10-01-2023, 03:04 PM)Firstchance Wrote: This is really sad, Vikings didn’t bring the attitude and their A game and we still lost.  I’m sorry guys I’ll stand by my feelings on Tepper, on Young and the length of time when we will be competitive week in week out. It’s just sad.

Breaking news. Tepper is changing our colors to Brown and Orange to pay tribute to the Cleveland Browns.

The entire Organization down.  We have traded away everything that really mattered.  And the "new elite coaching staff" have shown me literally nothing.

And, if Bryce Young were worth trading up and getting the #1 overall pick, why on God's green earth don't they set him up for success?  Why not let him throw the ball.  We had receivers last year that could catch the ball, even get open from time to time, but how many plays were passing plays today?  Very, very few.  We have Tight Ends. Where are they? We have receivers, where are THEY??

Even the freaking announcers commented that we were getting "so predictable" that the Vikings didn't even have to guess what was next.  

And I don't know if it's the play calling or the quarterback, but Bryce Young looks like a lost little kid out there.  I honestly feel bad for him.  

I'm seriously sick to my stomach over watching this same ole crapola every. single. season.  Year after year, faces change, nothing else changes. 

At this point, I honestly don't care to watch anymore until they can field an Offense that can compete higher than a Division II college team.
This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 07:04 PM by PantherFan007.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-01-2023, 08:32 PM -
It’s gotta get better. Right?

I saw the last shoutbox entry, “wait till next year.” Might b a good stance.

O’s gotta improve point blank. That’s it.

(10-01-2023, 08:32 PM)Josh21 Wrote: It’s gotta get better.  Right?

I saw the last shoutbox entry, “wait till next year.”  Might b a good stance.

O’s gotta improve point blank.  That’s it.

Go 007!
This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 09:08 PM by Josh21.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-01-2023, 10:49 PM -
If Reich called a play for a guy not in, I’d pull his play calling duties. He did
This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 10:50 PM by Josh21.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-02-2023, 11:15 AM -
12 of Bryce Young’s completions were behind the line of scrimmage. Only ONE was greater than 15 yards

And the reason I didn’t want another Cam Newton type is because I got tired of RPO, got tired of screens, and I got tired of spread offense. I really do like Bryce young, I like his mentality, I like his poise. what I don’t like is the playcalling. Is it too hard to ask for a traditional style quarterback you know one that takes snaps from behind center not one who stands 10 yards back every single time? I feel spread/RPO/Screens are limited and predictable. Play action isn’t nearly as effective, TEs aren’t used enough. Just limited scheming.
This post was last modified: 10-02-2023, 11:19 AM by BlackCatzFan.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-03-2023, 05:24 AM -
I'm STILL carrying a grudge over the Vikings game. SMDH...  I could say "What next" or "What else could possibly happen", but .... you know.  Anyway, I have a few notes about the game and general thoughts. I'll post them ... I don't know, ...later.??

Like my last 'Shoutbox" post indicated... I'll default to the 1960's Mets fan's signage..... "Wait Till Next Year". A joke of course, but it was oddly prescient. That particular signage was first used by the Dodgers (I think..??). I just happen to vividly remember the Mets using it on Opening Day.!!
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-04-2023, 03:55 AM -
Normally I start a thread based on post-game observations and thoughts.  I think I'll just skip it this week and just post a little ditty here. You know, to throw a little gas on our meltdown fire....

There were a few good noteworthy things to mention. Not many, but a few. Adam Thielen continues to prove how dedicated he is.... and how effective he can be. Sam Franklin is not only the best (or one of the best..) ST players in the league, but he can also play a little Defense.!! Jeremy Chinn really does play better close to the LOS. Chuba Hubbard is playing a LOT better than Sanders. Bryce Young can string together a lot of completions as long as they are short, behind the LOS, and basically uncontested. Eddie Pineiro continues to be almost automatic while kicking.

The Panthers held onto the ball and WON Time-Of- Possession. (Panthers 38:29; Vikings 21:31). The Panthers WON total Plays (68--44). The Panthers WON Net Yds Passing (149--130). Panthers WON the turnover battle (3-1). Defense scored again (Panthers ONLY TD..). Panthers WON 1st Downs; 3rd down Conversions; and 4th down Conversions.

Now for the not-so-good stuff... . Panthers Offense scored twice for a total of six (6) points. Panthers LOST Rushing Yds; Panthers LOST Total Yds; Panthers LOST Yds Per Attempt; Panthers LOST TDs; Panthers LOST Red Zone Eff: And of course... Panthers LOST the game. Run Defense was NOT good. Pass Defense was not terrible but couldn't stop the Vikings from scoring especially in the Red Zone.

So, overall, the Panthers looked GOOD in all of the normal metrics used to evaluate.... Like TOP, Offensive Plays, 1st Downs, 3rd Down Conv., Turnovers..... You get the idea. But at least in this case, all of those "normal metrics" don't tell the story. The Vikings did enough to win scoring 3 TDs while the Panthers Offense scored 2 FGs.

OVERALL... The Panthers played down to their competition.  #1 Important Observation: Panthers Offensive play-calling was terrible. Just TERRIBLE.
PissedOff
Bag
This post was last modified: 10-04-2023, 03:58 AM by Hobbit99.