Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-04-2023, 09:21 AM -
Pre-draft, there was a LOT of speculation that Coach Reich and his staff had their eyes set on drafting CJ Stroud.    There was also a lot of so-called "insider information" that David Tepper had a man-crush on Bryce Young, and pulled out his hammer to make sure they nailed him at all costs.

I can't help but wonder, if that WAS the case, how might that affect our coaching staff now and in the future in regards to "I told you so"?

It must be devastating to be a coach and have to play using someone else's toys, and then lose badly each game.

Do you think Tepper was the cause of any of this?

Whatever the reason, we could suck a Hoover vacuum cleaner thru a garden hose.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-04-2023, 10:07 AM -
No one really knows who wanted whom except those who were there..... And they're not talking. I suspect that Tepper had some input.... more along the line of encouraging the staff to do "whatever they needed to do" to draft a "consensus" QB. I think Reich and the coaches and probably the college scouts made up the "consensus".

As I mentioned in another post, I would contend that Tepper has ALL the right in the world to ask questions, offer commentary and opinion, and urge consensus building across the staff. I give Tepper credit for being an exceptional business man. I don't believe that he would force a decision to be made that was counter to what his coaching staff would recommend.

So, if Reich is having difficulty making things "run smoothly", or is feeling in any way upset or reserved, then that responsibility belongs to the "consensus"..... of which he is a VERY large part.

That's the view from here....... But what do I know.???

Tongue Bag

In thoughtful consideration, I will add the following...

If a certain player (Young..??) were "pushed" to the forefront against the consensus opinion, AND that player would happen to succeed in a very visible and dominant way, ..... Do you think Reich would accept the adulation and congratulations for his magnificent foresight.??  Or would he hang his head and pass the kudos on to someone else.??

One thing for certain.... Reich has said many times this year that he would pass the play-calling on to Brown "sometime... just not right now."  So we DO know who is responsible for that abortive mess.

Ja??
This post was last modified: 10-04-2023, 10:20 AM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-08-2023, 07:08 PM -
(10-04-2023, 10:07 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote: One thing for certain.... Reich has said many times this year that he would pass the play-calling on to Brown "sometime... just not right now."  So we DO know who is responsible for that abortive mess.

Ja??

[Image: azr3xqB_700b.jpg]
This post was last modified: 10-08-2023, 07:08 PM by PantherFan007.