CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS -- TENNESSEE IS HAPPENING..??
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-23-2023, 06:10 PM -
"The Clash Of The Titans" --  Fumble

Right now, as we look forward, the rest of our games are with teams that are under .500, with the exception of the Jaguars (7-3). The GB Packers are close at 5-6, and they just beat the Lions who are 8-3. So better not rule out the Pack. We play The Bucs twice, Saints and Falcons all in our Division. The other three games are Titans, Packers, and Jaguars.

Does anyone want to talk about the Titans.??  Is there anything left to say.??  Are we actually going to compete, or are we just holding another "try-out" for more UDFA talent.??   The Titans are currently 3-7, which is NOT good. But compared to the Panthers they are 3X better than we are. The Titans have beaten the Chargers, the Falcons, and the Bengals.

What do you think.?? Can we go into Tennessee and slay the Titan dragon.?  I'm already on record as saying "loss", so I won't change my mind now. But, seriously, this game could be a potential winner. It's really the only one of the remaining schedule of games that appear winnable to me. I think the Packers and Jaguars are a lost cause. None of the NFC South games look particularly pleasant either.....although the Bucs are an unknown this year (maybe it would be best if we kept it that way...??).
  Depressed 

So, hold forth and imbue us with Panther wisdom.  What say you.??

Sick
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-23-2023, 11:45 PM -
We got a chance this week, 0 tos n minimal penalties, like every game. We need an offense. Plain n simple. Some o that moves the ball. Run seems to work. Lean on that. Then play action. Under center. Saw it last week. Seemed to work. Limited tries. Insanity is…you know.

My simple thoughts.
This post was last modified: 11-23-2023, 11:50 PM by Josh21.
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
11-24-2023, 09:08 AM -
Hope the team spent some time on being more disciplined.  Stupid penalties happen much too often.

I still don't understand why they are not rolling Bryce out because standing in the pocket is not working and the oline is not getting any better.

Can they move to a power blocking scheme or is it too complicated to switch? Put both Chuba and Sanders in the backfield occasionally and keep the defense guessing.Run, run, run.

But what will the team do? At this point I have no expectations and just hope for a pleasant surprise.  

The Tepper era has been a dismal failure and I fear his next move.

Here’s Thursday’s injury report in full:

Injury
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Game status
TE Hayden Hurst
Concussion
DNP
DNP

OT Taylor Moton
Rest/knee
DNP
Full

WR Adam Thielen
Rest
DNP

S Jeremy Chinn
Quadriceps
Limited
Limited

S Sam Franklin Jr.
Quadriceps
Limited
Limited

OLB Marquis Haynes Sr.
Back
Limited
Full

CB CJ Henderson
Concussion
Limited
Full

CB Jaycee Horn
Hamstring
Limited
Limited

LB Frankie Luvu
Shoulder
Limited
Full

QB Bryce Young
Thigh
Full
Full

OLB Yetur Gross-Matos
Hamstring

Limited
This post was last modified: 11-24-2023, 09:51 AM by Ladypanther.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

OceanPanther

106 posts 11 threads Joined: Mar 2020
11-24-2023, 10:10 AM -
I just hope they try something different. You know, like the O line holds a block, or picks up the blitzer ( Santa reference , blitzer/ blitzen sorta the same ) Open big holes for the running backs . No turnovers,, No stupid penalties.

1 PM .. we got this one
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

11-25-2023, 11:41 AM -
Well..... Tomorrow is THE day.

Sort of like "Gunfight at the OK Corral" or maybe "Custer's Last Stand"

If we lose this game at Tennessee, I think we lose all the rest of them.  The team is already down.  Barring something unforeseen against one of the remaining teams (like a rash of severe injuries...), what team out there can we beat.???

OTOH.... If we happen to beat the Titans, we could see just enough of a "bump" to win a couple of more games.
This post was last modified: 11-25-2023, 11:43 AM by Hobbit99.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-26-2023, 01:34 AM -
Think we will compete this week. If not we got a nasty schedule ahead. Not hard, but none easier…. Go this week!
This post was last modified: 11-26-2023, 01:37 AM by Josh21. Edit Reason: Cause
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

11-26-2023, 08:46 AM -
(11-26-2023, 01:34 AM)Josh21 Wrote: Think we will compete this week.  If not we got a nasty schedule ahead.  Not hard, but none easier…. Go this week!

YEP... Everything gets tougher from here.  With Ryan Tannehill and Will Levis both available this week, and Derrick Henry supposed to be back at full strength, AND DeAndre Hopkins ready as well, PLUS we're playing in their house. This week is going to be a challenge.  Every game brings a new set of challenges. The Panthers better not be looking past the Titans.  Henry looks ready to "go off".  I've already made my picks a couple of weeks ago. No reason to change anything now.  ***sigh***
Fbcry
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
11-26-2023, 09:50 AM -
(11-26-2023, 08:46 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 01:34 AM)Josh21 Wrote: Think we will compete this week.  If not we got a nasty schedule ahead.  Not hard, but none easier…. Go this week!

YEP... Everything gets tougher from here.  With Ryan Tannehill and Will Levis both available this week, and Derrick Henry supposed to be back at full strength, AND DeAndre Hopkins ready as well, PLUS we're playing in their house. This week is going to be a challenge.  Every game brings a new set of challenges. The Panthers better not be looking past the Titans.  Henry looks ready to "go off".  I've already made my picks a couple of weeks ago. No reason to change anything now.  ***sigh***
Fbcry

lol...Panthers are not in a position to be looking past anybody.  Sadly the team looks like the Tarheels these days...unprepared and uninspired.

Still of course, hoping for a minor miracle.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-26-2023, 11:36 AM -
We would need a miracle, and by miracle I mean "something different than we usually do"

[Image: ak4qd6gq6w071.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...a000003433]

Fblaugh