Dan Morgan, Sam Mills and why I love this team
Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
06-04-2024, 10:04 PM -
I hope Dan is very successful here as a GM.  He was a great LB whose career was cut short.  This has to be a dream job for him. (And I hope for us)  Have a I mentioned that I met him at a tailgate many years ago?  Very nice guy.

This team legacy is Sam Mills and I hope they never forget it.  A great thing about Dan....he played for Sam Mills.  He understands,  He understands Keep Pounding...something I was afraid was lost a few years ago.

For many years I went to home games.  The Keep Pounding cheers were special.  They meant something...Dan Morgan understands that.. which I think is very important. I hope he makes sure every Panther does.

Bear me a personal story.  A few years ago...my brother in law...who was a great guy got pancreatic cancer,  Awful diagnosis.  He was determined to fight.  Being from Tenn he knew little about the Panthers.  I sent him the story of Sam Mills and ordered several Keep Pounding bracelets. Danny loved the story.  I gave him and my close family Keep Pounding bracelets  We all wore them every day.  Danny never took his off.   A year later he died...still wearing that bracelet as were the rest of us.  Just before his funeral when his casket was still open..we all gave our bracelets to Danny.....as a sign of our love for him, his courage, and never giving up. This shit is real and it means something.

The Panthers are a young team but we have a great legacy.  One which was lost in the recent few years with the morons running the team.  I believe Dan Morgan can not only restore that legacy but help us build a winner. 

He can also help us restore the legacy....it means something to be a Panther. The players need to know..they are playing for something bigger than themselves.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
06-05-2024, 01:23 AM -
(06-04-2024, 10:04 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: I hope Dan is very successful here as a GM.  He was a great LB whose career was cut short.  This has to be a dream job for him. (And I hope for us)  Have a I mentioned that I met him at a tailgate many years ago?  Very nice guy.

This team legacy is Sam Mills and I hope they never forget it.  A great thing about Dan....he played for Sam Mills.  He understands,  He understands Keep Pounding...something I was afraid was lost a few years ago.

For many years I went to home games.  The Keep Pounding cheers were special.  They meant something...Dan Morgan understands that.. which I think is very important. I hope he makes sure every Panther does.

Bear me a personal story.  A few years ago...my brother in law...who was a great guy got pancreatic cancer,  Awful diagnosis.  He was determined to fight.  Being from Tenn he knew little about the Panthers.  I sent him the story of Sam Mills and ordered several Keep Pounding bracelets. Danny loved the story.  I gave him and my close family Keep Pounding bracelets  We all wore them every day.  Danny never took his off.   A year later he died...still wearing that bracelet as were the rest of us.  Just before his funeral when his casket was still open..we all gave our bracelets to Danny.....as a sign of our love for him, his courage, and never giving up. This shit is real and it means something.

The Panthers are a young team but we have a great legacy.  One which was lost in the recent few years with the morons running the team.  I believe Dan Morgan can not only restore that legacy but help us build a winner. 

He can also help us restore the legacy....it means something to be a Panther. The players need to know..they are playing for something bigger than themselves.

Sorry to hear that story lp.  All the love to u! We have lost that.  High hopes to getting it back!
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
06-05-2024, 06:06 AM -
(06-04-2024, 10:04 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: I hope Dan is very successful here as a GM.  He was a great LB whose career was cut short.  This has to be a dream job for him. (And I hope for us)  Have a I mentioned that I met him at a tailgate many years ago?  Very nice guy.

What a kind and touching story!  My heart goes out to you and your family!

As far as Dan Morgan, while watching that video "The Blueprint" yesterday, it struck home that Dan really does have direct ties to Sam Mills, and that makes me appreciate and believe in him so much more.
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
06-05-2024, 08:49 PM -
Thanks for the kind words guys. 

For a young team....the Panthers have an amazing legacy.  Other teams have slogans...this team was propelled by a purpose. Letting idiots try to move us away from that was about the dumbest thing Tepper has done.  Dan Morgan is our only hope in getting our legacy back.  I think he can do that....and the most important thing is...he understands. Keep Pounding is not something we say...it is who we are. I have held onto hope (by a thin thread) that we will find our way back. Get it done Dan!!!
OceanPanther

106 posts 11 threads Joined: Mar 2020
06-06-2024, 09:51 AM -
VERY TOUCHING Lady Panthers..

We're all hoping Dan and Dave can catch lighting in a bottle this season. And it grows from there.