Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,001 posts 559 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-24-2024, 05:36 PM -
SO, earlier in the Shoutbox, LP mentioned the possibility of "Wasn't Pineiro injured with a Hamstring last year..??" (Not an exact quote -- but close enough..).  She then backtracked and said "Nope..not him". Now, I'll have to admit that I couldn't remember an injury to Pineiro last year, so just assumed that the question had been put to rest. 

And now.... "The rest of the story..."  It turns out that LP was wrong when she corrected herself. Because... she was RIGHT the first time. !!! 
I still don't remember the incident, but obviously LP did.  It turns out that Pineiro was injured in week 17 last year (hamstring) and was listed as "doubtful" for week 18.  I'm still drawing a blank on this.... must be oldtimers disease.

Worship   Nicely done, LP.!!

Quote:In 2021, then-Panthers kicker Zane Gonzalez was injured during pregame warm-ups in Buffalo on a cold December day, forcing the team to scramble at the last minute for alternatives.

A rushed tryout of position players, including backup quarterback PJ Walker (whose attempt at an extra point missed the net), linebacker Frankie Luvu, and others, ultimately led them to not kick much at all. Wide receiver Brandon Zylstra kicked off that day, they went for a lot of fourth downs, and the team signed Lirim Hajrullahu the following week since Gonzalez was placed on injured reserve.

The following season, Gonzalez suffered a groin injury during a preseason game at home against the Bills, and was placed on injured reserve.

The Panthers signed Piñeiro after that injury, and he's been here since. He played every game in 2022 but missed the final two games of last season with a hamstring injury.

PANTHERS.COM: PIineiro's Scare - Everything's Good
This post was last modified: 08-24-2024, 09:43 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,290 posts 66 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-24-2024, 06:24 PM -
Gonzoles was that guy. We used crazy guys at kicker. Loved Zylstra!
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,299 posts 742 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-24-2024, 06:51 PM -
He's okay, per Canales after the game.